Wiki Posts
Search

Sakura lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Sakura lounge

So I'm sitting here at the sakura line at nrt... On one hand it's huge, will laid out, clean and generally pretty impressive with dinner great views.

I'm the other hand I'm a bit disappointed by the food offerings. Very small dining area compared to the overall size of the lounge and not quite enough seating.

For a lounge this size,I had expected more variety.

Still though,a great spot to kill time before boarding.

I'm really turning into a jal fan.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:36 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Glad that you like the lounge

The food offerings don't bother me much. I am perfectly happy with the curry rice, udon, and the croissant. The salad, soups, bread etc aren't bad either but I usually save my appetite for foods onboard By the way, if you go to the satellite one, you will have a different menu

By the way, they are planning to open a third lounge this fall, so we will see what they will offer.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:39 am

Agree that the dining area is a bit small relative to the rest of the lounge... but hey, I would much prefer the lounge's catering to many others'!!! For me it's a nice buffet compared to the "snack offering" other lounges provide!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Going through NRT on oneworld this week (AA - JAL) Usually use the star alliance lounges, what is the Sakura lounge compared to the First Class lounge. Is Sakura just the name of the regular lounges?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA:1MM
Originally Posted by Tech1
Going through NRT on oneworld this week (AA - JAL) Usually use the star alliance lounges, what is the Sakura lounge compared to the First Class lounge. Is Sakura just the name of the regular lounges?
Sakura = cherry blossom

and

Yes, Sakura is the name of JAL's business class lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.