Wiki Posts
Search

International F Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
International F Award Availability

Looked through the threads on this, but having a hard time finding info so sorry if this has been covered, but can anyone comment on the general availability of International F award particularly between NRT and JFK. Also any suggestions on best time of year for travel or how far in advance to book would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:37 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
All I can say is good luck. This is one of the toughest routes to get a F award. As I pointed out before, if they can sell the seats, they won't release award inventory. You can try looking 2 weeks before departure to see if you get lucky.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:15 pm

I've been looking for several months for a JAL F award ticket for my NRT to LAX flight in late October. Lo and behold one F seat became available yesterday for the exact date and flight that I wanted and I nabbed it. You just have to keep checking because you never know when a seat might be released.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by majortom421
I've been looking for several months for a JAL F award ticket for my NRT to LAX flight in late October. Lo and behold one F seat became available yesterday for the exact date and flight that I wanted and I nabbed it. You just have to keep checking because you never know when a seat might be released.
Not just F but J as well. Though I must say that only once have I failed to get my upgrade when waitlisting. And the one time I didn't get it, I got an upgrade at the gate.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
It looks like they're starting to open up F award seats one at a time about three weeks prior to departure. (Depending on load of course.)

I just snagged F NRT-ORD for early August... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.