Very specific exit row seat question

Old Apr 9, 12, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Very specific exit row seat question

I was able to reserve 45K on a 77W-W82 configuration. Does this seat actually have a window or is there a wall there? I know that JL is usually really good about designating seats that don't have an actual window, and this one was not designated as such.
Old Apr 9, 12, 5:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
You can see it yourself at around 2:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppeSqtDIbjE

Last edited by JALPak; Apr 9, 12 at 5:45 pm
Old Apr 9, 12, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Hmm, so if the seat is upright, it looks like half a window. But I get the entire thing if I recline. Thanks for the vid post.
Old Apr 9, 12, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by ak333 View Post
Hmm, so if the seat is upright, it looks like half a window. But I get the entire thing if I recline. Thanks for the vid post.
There's a small window on the exit door too (the window was closed in the video)
Old Apr 10, 12, 3:01 am

One thing I am not sure about is whether I want to sit there or in the middle seat. In the window seat, your legroom is reduced due to the exit door. I tried to check it out every time I fly but I am still unsure. The same thing applied to PY seat vs exit row. I guess I just have to try it out myself to find out.
Old Apr 10, 12, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

I'll report back. Again, looking at the video, the seat is like when I fly BR - the slide pack is not that close to the seat in reality, so it should not be blocking my legs.
Old Apr 20, 12, 4:34 am

I'll report back. Again, looking at the video, the seat is like when I fly BR - the slide pack is not that close to the seat in reality, so it should not be blocking my legs.
Thanks. Looking forward to reading your report
Old May 5, 12, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

45K is a great Y seat!

Here is an update on the seat (45K) - when you first sit down, and look directly out you have about 30% of the window view. Once in the air and you recline, you get the entire window. Leg room is fine - the slide pack is not an issue.

There is a small window at the exit door, but it is too far to reach.
Old May 5, 12, 11:17 pm

Here is an update on the seat (45K) - when you first sit down, and look directly out you have about 30% of the window view. Once in the air and you recline, you get the entire window. Leg room is fine - the slide pack is not an issue.

There is a small window at the exit door, but it is too far to reach.
Thanks for the report

Search this Thread
Search Engine: