Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:42 am

Sky suite window seat selection

Hi,

I have a JAL segment booked as part of a QF award in J. I'd really like to get a window seat sky suite, but they all appear unavailable, so I assume they're kept for JAL frequent flyers. Would I have to wait until online check-in opens or does JAL usually release them for everyone at a specific point in time? As a comparison I know SQ releases seats 4 days before the flight for non-PPS (so 3 ays before online check-in opens).
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Romain_
Hi,

I have a JAL segment booked as part of a QF award in J. I'd really like to get a window seat sky suite, but they all appear unavailable, so I assume they're kept for JAL frequent flyers. Would I have to wait until online check-in opens or does JAL usually release them for everyone at a specific point in time? As a comparison I know SQ releases seats 4 days before the flight for non-PPS (so 3 ays before online check-in opens).
If still available, when on line check in opens.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Hi,

I was looking at CDG<>HND flights lately and had written down all the dates where "cheap" premium economy was available (at 513€ per segment for the direct flight). Now 5 days later all those dates have increased to 561€.

Since all dates have stepped up their prices at the same time and of the same value, it doesn't seem to be directly connected to availability at each of those dates. So what could this increase be about, and could the fares return to their status from 5 days ago? Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueMoongr
Hi,

I was looking at CDG<>HND flights lately and had written down all the dates where "cheap" premium economy was available (at 513 per segment for the direct flight). Now 5 days later all those dates have increased to 561.

Since all dates have stepped up their prices at the same time and of the same value, it doesn't seem to be directly connected to availability at each of those dates. So what could this increase be about, and could the fares return to their status from 5 days ago? Thanks
On June 1st, JAL increased fuel surcharge.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:20 am

Thanks Wasabi Tofu, now that makes sense!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If still available, when on line check in opens.
Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:45 am

When accumulating JMB Flyon points, what is considered a Jal Group flight (as opposed to a OW flight)?

1) A flight sold on JAL website operated by BA/AY with a JL flight number
2) A flight sold on JAL website operated by BA/AY with a BA/AY flight number
3) A flight sold by another carrier operated by JL with a JL flight number
4) A flight sold by another carrier operated by JL with a BA/AY flight number
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueMoongr
When accumulating JMB Flyon points, what is considered a Jal Group flight (as opposed to a OW flight)?

1) A flight sold on JAL website operated by BA/AY with a JL flight number
2) A flight sold on JAL website operated by BA/AY with a BA/AY flight number
3) A flight sold by another carrier operated by JL with a JL flight number
4) A flight sold by another carrier operated by JL with a BA/AY flight number
1 and 3.

For 1, it also applies to flights operated by non OW airlines. E.g. Bangkok Airways with JL flight number, or Emirates with JL flight number.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: krisflyer
JL35 HND-SIN, given its a 12.05am departure, are they serving a full meal? I can see the western or Japanese option while managing my booking.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makrxx
JL35 HND-SIN, given its a 12.05am departure, are they serving a full meal? I can see the western or Japanese option while managing my booking.
They serve a snack after take off, and the main meal before landing.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by makrxx
No, its really more of a dine on demand thing. They will have food but dont expect the same size dinner as on the day flight.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
1 and 3.

For 1, it also applies to flights operated by non OW airlines. E.g. Bangkok Airways with JL flight number, or Emirates with JL flight number.
... which is the opposite how Star works, so have to be careful. On the upside, as long as your ticket is sold by JAL (and all flights are JL), you can get some pretty good JL metal FOPs far beyond where JL reaches out to - something like SYD SIN NRT would work if your QF flight was with a JL number, which is pretty cool.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

No, its really more of a dine on demand thing. They will have food but dont expect the same size dinner as on the day flight.
They serve a snack after take off, and the main meal before landing.
Thanks. Hopefully the lounge at HND will fill me up!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

... which is the opposite how Star works, so have to be careful. On the upside, as long as your ticket is sold by JAL (and all flights are JL), you can get some pretty good JL metal FOPs far beyond where JL reaches out to - something like SYD SIN NRT would work if your QF flight was with a JL number, which is pretty cool.
I don't think JAL has codeshare with QF. But yes, it gives a lot of extra options. Which is quite handy.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:44 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I don't think JAL has codeshare with QF. But yes, it gives a lot of extra options. Which is quite handy.
try SIN-BNE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.