Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Afternoon folks,
Have an International to domestic connection with JAL at HND, is 90mins with checked baggage possible?

Cheers
​​​​​​Matt
​​​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MHendo84
Afternoon folks,
Have an International to domestic connection with JAL at HND, is 90mins with checked baggage possible?

Cheers
​​​​​​Matt
​​​​​​
Minimum connecting time is 70 minutes, you will need to pass through immigration, collect your luggage, and pass customs. There is a transit check in desk in the international terminal (open most of the day) then you can take the free bus to the JAL domestic terminal.

It does not leave a lot of time to spare. But it is possible and JAL will help you if the connection gets tight due to a delay

All this, assuming you have a single ticket.
MHendo84 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
How to set JAL App opens to English?
thanks
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by allset2travel
thanks
I don't think it has an English setting. At least the one I have downloaded does not allow me to change
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by allset2travel
thanks
IOS App is only available in Japanese. Don't expect there to be an English app developed and maintained in the foreseeable future. (percentage of Japanese speaking JAL customers is guesstimated to be over 99% of total users)
For English, just use the mobile website.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by AmD950
Very stupid question:
I am an OWS - if I arrive HND from AOJ, can I use the lounge at HND?
Thanks
there is an international arrivals lounge in NRT, but none in either domestic airports or other JL international airports (HND/KIX/NGO).
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...mpaign/shower/
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Yokoso and Class J

Apologies if I've missed this, couldn't see any recent information: is the Yokoso fare eligible for Class J only on standby like the site says here, or do they mean at the airport like regular fares?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by etiene
Apologies if I've missed this, couldn't see any recent information: is the Yokoso fare eligible for Class J only on standby like the site says here, or do they mean at the airport like regular fares?
No idea but these fares have been discontinued, unless you've already booked them for future trips.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
No idea but these fares have been discontinued, unless you've already booked them for future trips.
Ah - I was thinking of the similar Japan Explorer pass, I think. Would be interested in the same question regarding those - though at present they don't seem vastly cheaper than the advance purchase fares.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
Ah - I was thinking of the similar Japan Explorer pass, I think. Would be interested in the same question regarding those - though at present they don't seem vastly cheaper than the advance purchase fares.
The explorer pass you book the discounted economy fare beforehand, then at the airport when you check in if there's open seats in Class J or First class, you pay 1000jpy or 8000jpy respectively and they'll put you in the corresponding seat and print you a new boarding pass on the spot.
I think the advantage of the special fares are that you can book them up to 3 days before travel dates where the standard fare will go up to 30-40k jpy. If you're booking ahead, then the discount is about the same as a standard sakitoku ticket.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by AmD950
Very stupid question:
I am an OWS - if I arrive HND from AOJ, can I use the lounge at HND?
Thanks
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
there is an international arrivals lounge in NRT, but none in either domestic airports or other JL international airports (HND/KIX/NGO).
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...mpaign/shower/
Unlikely, but if you have a credit card issued in Japan (Gold or above), you have free access to POWER LOUNGE at Haneda Terminal 1 on arrival before exiting security area.
See (in Japanese)
https://www.tokyo-airport-bldg.co.jp/airport_lounge/
(In English, there is no credit card/map information)
https://www.tokyo-airport-bldg.co.jp...om_and_lounge/
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
The explorer pass you book the discounted economy fare beforehand, then at the airport when you check in if there's open seats in Class J or First class, you pay 1000jpy or 8000jpy respectively and they'll put you in the corresponding seat and print you a new boarding pass on the spot.
I think the advantage of the special fares are that you can book them up to 3 days before travel dates where the standard fare will go up to 30-40k jpy. If you're booking ahead, then the discount is about the same as a standard sakitoku ticket.
Are you sure upgrade is space available, rather than standby? Page here says the latter, so I'm more hoping it's at check-in than expecting it... That's good if so, though I may still be better off with an Avios ticket for most flights.

That's what I figured with the special fares though - good to have it confirmed, thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Unlikely, but if you have a credit card issued in Japan (Gold or above), you have free access to POWER LOUNGE at Haneda Terminal 1 on arrival before exiting security area.
See (in Japanese)
https://www.tokyo-airport-bldg.co.jp/airport_lounge/
(In English, there is no credit card/map information)
https://www.tokyo-airport-bldg.co.jp...om_and_lounge/
That's quite interesting, though I mostly would probably just go home rather than use a lounge after arrival.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's quite interesting, though I mostly would probably just go home rather than use a lounge after arrival.
Actually Arrival Lounge is most useful when 1) you arrive in the mid-morning but can't check into a hotel room yet, so having a brunch/mini-lunch may not be a bad idea, or 2) you arrive late and want to freshen up before you head home....
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
Are you sure upgrade is space available, rather than standby? Page here says the latter, so I'm more hoping it's at check-in than expecting it... That's good if so, though I may still be better off with an Avios ticket for most flights.

That's what I figured with the special fares though - good to have it confirmed, thanks!
My last upgraded flights were HND-KUH and CTS-NGO during the middle of a weekday so even class J was only half full and I got the upgrade on the spot. I can't speak for more heavily traveled times/routes though.
etiene likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.