Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Hello
We are on a disrupted finternational flight today (aircraft swapped to domestic 772). JAL proactively handed out blue postcards to claim for coupons or miles. Since we are not members of JMB, we will claim the coupons.
Each member of the group will receive coupons. Does anyone know if these coupons can be combined together when using them. For example, if we buy a flight and redeem the coupon, can we use more than one coupon? If so, they will be quite useful. If we can only use them one by one (or only by the named person) then they will be less useful since the individual coupon amount is quite trivial.
Many thanks.
You can pool the coupons and use them for one purchase.
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:43 pm

How does lounge access work on JAL on split class flights on the same itinerary? I'll be arriving on an international flight in business and then have a connecting domestic flight in economy, will I be able to use the HND lounges even tho the departing flight is economy?

I have a choice of 2 flights for the second leg, either 90 mins or 3 hours after arriving, is 90 mins enough time to clear security etc or would it be rushed (ignoring lounge on the 90 min one)?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by slidey
How does lounge access work on JAL on split class flights on the same itinerary? I'll be arriving on an international flight in business and then have a connecting domestic flight in economy, will I be able to use the HND lounges even tho the departing flight is economy?

I have a choice of 2 flights for the second leg, either 90 mins or 3 hours after arriving, is 90 mins enough time to clear security etc or would it be rushed (ignoring lounge on the 90 min one)?
You will have access to the domestic Sakura lounge.

MCT info is here: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/boarding/onto/

90 min should be enough assuming no airport change
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: All
Bose headphones in F

Hi. Flying JAL on Thursday. Wondering if I can use the JAL supplied Bose headphones to plug into in my iPad to avoid bringing my own Bose QC35s? I saw they are two prong but wondering if they have an adapter or can otherwise be used with an iPad?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
I have a domestic ticket from FUK-HND on Japan explorer pass, if I want to request upgrade to first class at FUK when checking in, how early should I go to the airport and wait in line before the flight??

Thank you
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
I have a domestic ticket from FUK-HND on Japan explorer pass, if I want to request upgrade to first class at FUK when checking in, how early should I go to the airport and wait in line before the flight??

Thank you
Difficult to say. I would check the evening before if any F seats are available for sale, if not don't come early. This is the most likely situation.

The airport is really close, so you can always pop out very early, check in, and pop back to the city should a seat be available.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Difficult to say. I would check the evening before if any F seats are available for sale, if not don't come early. This is the most likely situation.

The airport is really close, so you can always pop out very early, check in, and pop back to the city should a seat be available.
And, if you have oneworld status, you have a priority for stand by waiting list.
Stand by list priority is based on oneworld status, not JAL status. So Oneworld emerald has the highest priority for stand by (category S).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Thank you!!
What do you mean by "very early"? Am I allowed to check in more than 3 hours before the flight?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Thank you!!
What do you mean by "very early"? Am I allowed to check in more than 3 hours before the flight?
You can check in when operations start for the day
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Is there a way around JAL's seat blocking? I'm booked on JL32 and EF is showing most of the window seats are not taken and not even blocked, but none can be selected using the JAL website.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:23 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Is there a way around JAL's seat blocking? I'm booked on JL32 and EF is showing most of the window seats are not taken and not even blocked, but none can be selected using the JAL website.
you need elite status to select them
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Regarding upgrading to F... Be aware these things usually go fast, because there's like 3 to 6 F seats in each domestic plane (from what I've experienced). I took 4 domestic RT and was only able to upgrade to F twice. I had a bit better luck with upgrading to J.

Last edited by NYCBunny; Apr 8, 2019 at 7:32 am Reason: updating
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCBunny
Regarding upgrading to F... Be aware these things usually go fast, because there's like 3 to 6 F seats in each domestic plane (from what I've experienced). I took 4 domestic RT and was only able to upgrade to F twice. I had a bit better luck with upgrading to J.
14 F seats on the 777-200 and 5 on the 767-300
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
First time I've run into this on the online reservation page
The schedule of your reserved flight has been changed. However, reservation details cannot be displayed due to the following reasons:
• Reservation includes an upgrade
• Connecting flight must be changed due to a flight time change
• Flight route or seat class has changed

I have an upgrade ticket which got a flight time change, so it's obvious why I'm seeing this, but...
I probably won't need to, but question is if I do need to make a change to something I've selected online (ie: seat change, meal reservation, etc) do I need to call JAL?
I have a reservation number and status says 'Ticketed' so there's no issue with the booking itself I assume.

Originally Posted by JALPak
you need elite status to select them
These blocked seats can be assigned at the airport on the day of the flight if they're still open, correct?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jinxed_K
First time I've run into this on the online reservation page
The schedule of your reserved flight has been changed. However, reservation details cannot be displayed due to the following reasons:
• Reservation includes an upgrade
• Connecting flight must be changed due to a flight time change
• Flight route or seat class has changed

I have an upgrade ticket which got a flight time change, so it's obvious why I'm seeing this, but...
I probably won't need to, but question is if I do need to make a change to something I've selected online (ie: seat change, meal reservation, etc) do I need to call JAL?
I have a reservation number and status says 'Ticketed' so there's no issue with the booking itself I assume.

These blocked seats can be assigned at the airport on the day of the flight if they're still open, correct?
Your ticket is fine, normally this message appears if there is something you need to confirm with them or indeed an upgraded travel class. You would need to call them for any changes at this time.

The blocked seat mainly gets released at OLCI, a few remains for airport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.