Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Seyan
Regarding the paid upgrade option Y->PE is available: if I have a SH and a LH flight (ITM-NRT-FRA) and want to upgrade the LH flight, where do I have to do the upgrade? When checking in at Itami airport or after arriving at Narita airport?
Either. I've done it both ways, including there at ITM. I'd pick as soon as possible but JAL may not be selling the PE upgrade if it's too far in advance of the NRT-FRA departure.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Anyone knows whether you can access the JAL lounges when flying SIN-NRT-DFW-YYC on premium economy issued by AA? SIN-NRT is operated by JL but with AA code and rest of the segments are operated by AA with AA codes. SIN-NRT-DFW will be premium economy and DFW-YYC is economy in Y fare class.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: JMB
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Either. I've done it both ways, including there at ITM. I'd pick as soon as possible but JAL may not be selling the PE upgrade if it's too far in advance of the NRT-FRA departure.
ITM-NRT will be departing at 8am and NRT-FRA will be departing at 11am on the same day. So that's not that far in advance if I check-in at about 6:30am ;-)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Seyan
ITM-NRT will be departing at 8am and NRT-FRA will be departing at 11am on the same day. So that's not that far in advance if I check-in at about 6:30am ;-)
Yes, should be fine. It did take much longer at ITM (close to an hour) to process the upgrade than it has at HND. In retrospect, I think it may have been due to airport check in for my onward flight wasn't open yet when I first arrived at ITM.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mechu
Anyone knows whether you can access the JAL lounges when flying SIN-NRT-DFW-YYC on premium economy issued by AA? SIN-NRT is operated by JL but with AA code and rest of the segments are operated by AA with AA codes. SIN-NRT-DFW will be premium economy and DFW-YYC is economy in Y fare class.
With AA code the lounge access rules for PY will be based on AA's rules. So no lounge access unless you have one world status.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
With AA code the lounge access rules for PY will be based on AA's rules. So no lounge access unless you have one world status.
Thanks. I have OW sapphire but have 2 other travelling with me that do not have status. Do JL lounges have any policy where you can pay in cash/miles to bring a 2nd guest? Recall that CX allows you to use 9000 miles to gain entry to their lounges.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks. I have OW sapphire but have 2 other travelling with me that do not have status. Do JL lounges have any policy where you can pay in cash/miles to bring a 2nd guest? Recall that CX allows you to use 9000 miles to gain entry to their lounges.
There are options for JAL status members to buy lounge passes for miles. But can't remember the exact details.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/fly...upon.html#tabs

If your ow sapphire is with JAL, you can take one guest for free and redeem 2000 miles for a lounge coupon for another guest. If it’s not JAL ow/s then you unfortunately won’t have access.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:06 pm
soy

Programs: various
I am an infrequent user of the JAL site. I am almost certain the last time I used it, there was an ability to do a multi-day search for CX awards.
Now it seems to only allow one day at a time. Is the multi day feature gone.....or is it my memory that is gone?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:56 pm

I'm trying to price an award ticket that can't be searched for online (5 segments and online only allows 4). Is there any way to get an agent quicker than calling the 1-800 US number? I've been on hold for 45m so far.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm curious how often the food options change at HND F lounge? Maybe it's just me.. but I've been coming through maybe 3 or 4 times the past year, always around 2-4pm in the afternoon, and it seems to me that the food options have remained exactly the same... Same ceasar and curry chicken wrap, same lobster and mushroom soup, same eel and mackerel sushi, same beef curry with rice... Do they ever change the menu at all?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tfung
I'm curious how often the food options change at HND F lounge? Maybe it's just me.. but I've been coming through maybe 3 or 4 times the past year, always around 2-4pm in the afternoon, and it seems to me that the food options have remained exactly the same... Same ceasar and curry chicken wrap, same lobster and mushroom soup, same eel and mackerel sushi, same beef curry with rice... Do they ever change the menu at all?
The changes are fairly light, and you would probably need to look very carefully to notice them. There was a period where gyudon replaced the beef curry, but I think the popularity of the curry mean the only change are slight tweaks to the recipe over time. But yeah, overall mainly cosmetic changes. 2-4 pm excludes the teppan yaki grill both for morning and evening, there is a bit more variety in the options there.

I want to say there was a bigger tweak quite recently, with adding some wraps, tai yaki and other stuff. but maybe not quite as recently as I think.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The changes are fairly light, and you would probably need to look very carefully to notice them. There was a period where gyudon replaced the beef curry, but I think the popularity of the curry mean the only change are slight tweaks to the recipe over time. But yeah, overall mainly cosmetic changes. 2-4 pm excludes the teppan yaki grill both for morning and evening, there is a bit more variety in the options there.

I want to say there was a bigger tweak quite recently, with adding some wraps, tai yaki and other stuff. but maybe not quite as recently as I think.
they have having monthly changes at the teppanyaki stuff (morning and night) and the gyudon/curry cycle is more with a few variants of curry, which i think works fairly well, because the food in the JL F lounge is much better than the ever changing cx food that sometimes taste overcooked and disgusting
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Is there a better seat offered out there between NRT/HND/KIX and HNL/KOA by JAL or other competing carriers that is better than JAL's Sky Suite 767 (aka SS 6 or SS II) ?

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 5, 2018 at 12:37 pm
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Is there a better seat offered out there between NRT/HND/KIX and HNL/KOA by JAL or other competing carriers that is better than JAL's Sky Suite 767 (aka SS 6 or SS II) ?
JL780 is operated with a SSIII 777 and JL789 with a SS9II 787-9.
MasterGeek likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.