Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: British Airways
I have managed to book a return rewards flights on BA website London to Tokyo for JAL flights in May 2018.
How do I manage my booking and select seats?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pumatwin
I have managed to book a return rewards flights on BA website London to Tokyo for JAL flights in May 2018.
If the BA website does not allow you to do it (which I guess not) you would need to call BA to get the JAL record locator and call JAL. You are probably better answered in the BA forum as they will have more experience with Avios bookings than we do here.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by pumatwin
Use Amadeus to look up the partner PNR: http://www.amadeus.com.tw/eitr/default.aspx

Then go to JAL US site, Americas region, https://www.ar.jal.com/arl/en/ and go to View Reservation, use the PNR you got above to assign seats.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Jul 28, 2017 at 4:12 am
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: British Airways
Pseudo Nim & CPH-Flyer

Thank You. Managed to select my seats.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:17 pm

Hi there,

I bought a cheap flight roundtrip from ORD->NRT->BKK. Now, I want to stay in Bangkok longer. Can I pay a fee to fly back on a different date? If the fee is too high, i might just abandon the ticket back and book a ticket on miles.

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi there,

I bought a cheap flight roundtrip from ORD->NRT->BKK. Now, I want to stay in Bangkok longer. Can I pay a fee to fly back on a different date? If the fee is too high, i might just abandon the ticket back and book a ticket on miles.

Thanks!
That would depend on the specific conditions of your ticket. This can vary by market the ticket is sold in, so either check the conditions online or call your TA or JAL to get an understanding of the costs. If you can give the specific booking class of your ticket, someone may also know.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:33 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi there,

Thanks!
https://www.ar.jal.com/arl/region/en...beyond.html#yl

Expect to pay change fee+fare differences. If booked through a tA, there will be a TA penalty on top of the change penalty imposed by JL.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: JAL Diamond
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Does JAL give amenity kits on longhaul Biz class from USA to Japan?

Thanks!
Yes, they give a Zero Halliburton kit with toothbrush, chopstick, issues, eye mask, earplugs, etc.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:03 pm

Does anyone know if JAL sees different availability on Iberia then aa? I can see the available tickets for my dates on both aa and iberia website but JAL agents keep telling me that there is no award availability that JAL can book.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:52 pm

I am thinking of flying BOS-NRT next summer. It is currently listed as being on a 787-9.

Am I correct that the 787-9 has either the Sky Suite or Sky Suite III? Should I consider the odds of being shifted to a 787-8 with the Shell Flat Neo low (or possibly zero)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by will2288
I am thinking of flying BOS-NRT next summer. It is currently listed as being on a 787-9.

Am I correct that the 787-9 has either the Sky Suite or Sky Suite III? Should I consider the odds of being shifted to a 787-8 with the Shell Flat Neo low (or possibly zero)?

Thanks in advance!
There's always a possibility due to whatever operational reasons. But chances should be low.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
There's always a possibility due to whatever operational reasons. But chances should be low.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know the breakdown of the 787 fleet in terms of what planes have what seat?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got back from Ho Chi Minh City Friday, and noticed that the plane was scheduled to go to Vancouver as the next flight.

So 05:50 arrival in HCMC from Haneda, returning to Narita at 08:20,16:00 arrival in Narita and 18:20 departure to Vancouver. It is not a lot of space in the plan for delays.

The same frame could do the HCMC run from Narita when coming back from Vancouver, to end in Haneda. A bit of a convoluted run, if that is the case,but it could work out fairly logically. Anyone that knows where the return from Vancouver goes next?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I got back from Ho Chi Minh City Friday, and noticed that the plane was scheduled to go to Vancouver as the next flight.

So 05:50 arrival in HCMC from Haneda, returning to Narita at 08:20,16:00 arrival in Narita and 18:20 departure to Vancouver. It is not a lot of space in the plan for delays.

The same frame could do the HCMC run from Narita when coming back from Vancouver, to end in Haneda. A bit of a convoluted run, if that is the case,but it could work out fairly logically. Anyone that knows where the return from Vancouver goes next?
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ja831j

Looks like YVR-NRT-SGN-HND-PEK-HND

But it has a different rotation on different dates.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Is one allowed to keep the pajamas from F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.