Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Does JAL give amenity kits on longhaul Biz class from USA to Japan?

Thanks!
Yes!

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...iness/amenity/
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by JALPak
Sorry forgot you are using AA miles. AA chose not to offer it. But you can redeem it via other partners such as BA.
As my miles are on AA already, I'll probably just redeem a Y seat and we'll buy up at the airport if available. Thanks for all your help.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:51 pm

Hello!

My revenue flight HND-CTS has F seats but since the flight is >2 months, I can't see any availability yet (nor purchase an F seat). Just a question though. In this scenario, I can only wait at the day of flight? If yes, paying 8000 JPY at the check-in counter will change my booking to Booking Class F?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by boarding_pass
Hello!

My revenue flight HND-CTS has F seats but since the flight is >2 months, I can't see any availability yet (nor purchase an F seat). Just a question though. In this scenario, I can only wait at the day of flight? If yes, paying 8000 JPY at the check-in counter will change my booking to Booking Class F?

Thanks!
What kind of booking you have for your HND-CTS flight? If it's Yokosuka/W2J/JEP then you have to wait till check in.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:19 am

What kind of booking you have for your HND-CTS flight? If it's Yokosuka/W2J/JEP then you have to wait till check in.
Ultra SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fare

In any case if the upgrade is done during check-in, will that make my fare class F already? This is just for mileage run - one night in Sapporo! So I wanted to make sure that it's credited as F not J.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Ultra SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fare

In any case if the upgrade is done during check-in, will that make my fare class F already? This is just for mileage run - one night in Sapporo! So I wanted to make sure that it's credited as F not J.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/fare/ru...-sakitoku.html

You need to wait till check in for the F upgrade. I am not familiar with the booking code as JMB members don't accumulate based on booking class for domestic upgrades. You may need to check with FTers of your FFP
Attached Images  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:50 am

You need to wait till check in for the F upgrade. I am not familiar with the booking code as JMB members don't accumulate based on booking class for domestic upgrades. You may need to check with FTers of your FFP
Great. Found that before but still it's not clear if I only get F if I book with it altogether (i.e. Tokubin fares); and on-the-day upgrade will give me F seat but J miles/points. But thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: JGC premier
This is just for mileage run - one night in Sapporo! So I wanted to make sure that it's credited as F not J.
Given how limited the domestic F seats are, They're likely to sold out before the day of departure, and in the rare chance they're available, you'll have to show up pretty early to secure the upgrade, so I personally wouldn't count on it.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Given how limited the domestic F seats are, They're likely to sold out before the day of departure, and in the rare chance they're available, you'll have to show up pretty early to secure the upgrade, so I personally wouldn't count on it.
Oh no. Thanks for the heads-up! Is this something that can be waitlisted way ahead by calling the hotline?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Oh no. Thanks for the heads-up! Is this something that can be waitlisted way ahead by calling the hotline?
Didn't I tell you you have to wait till check in?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:24 pm

Didn't I tell you you have to wait till check in?
You said that assuming I was on some other fare class. Anyway I called, moved to another date with another fare, and did the upgrade.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:02 am
Original Poster

You said that assuming I was on some other fare class. Anyway I called, moved to another date with another fare, and did the upgrade.

No, I told you yours is not eligible after you provided the fare info earlier today
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:56 am

No, I told you yours is not eligible after you provided the fare info earlier today
Alright.
Nevertheless, I didn't follow your advise to wait and just sorted it out anyway. Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Will JL close their F lounge in FRA now they use a 787 without F cabin on the FRA route?

Surprised me that they überhaupt have a F lounge in FRA, flying BA FRA-LCY tomorrow around the same time as the JL flight so looking forward to visiting the F section as OWe!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fbruno
Will JL close their F lounge in FRA now they use a 787 without F cabin on the FRA route?

Surprised me that they überhaupt have a F lounge in FRA, flying BA FRA-LCY tomorrow around the same time as the JL flight so looking forward to visiting the F section as OWe!
I think they will keep it as an Emerald section of the lounge. JAL seems to have a fair bit of emerald members.
Don't expect full scale first class lounge by the way. More like a bit nicer section of the business class lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.