Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by juniorc0
Hi!

I'm booked to fly LHR-HND in H class next week, with the return HND-CDG-LHR, also in H (M for the CDG leg).

I'm trying to establish how many BAEC tier points the trip as a whole will generate. BA calculator says 40 for each Tokyo leg, but other places say 80, which is what I was expecting as it's a flexible ticket class. I'm assuming the BA calc is correct but thought I'd see if anyone knows otherwise? I'm 205 from Silver before this trip, so will determine what I need to do in terms of tier point run before December.

Thanks!
You are probably better off asking in the BA forum. I can tell you all about the earning on JAL Mileage Bank, but have no clue about BAEC as I don't use it.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
We are booked to fly FRA-ALC (Alicante, Spain) on September 29th, 2022. This is after arriving from Johannesburg at FRA the same morning. Just read that September 29th is one of the scheduled days for Spanish airport strikes. I checked with Lufthansa South Africa and they had not received updated information yet. A bit worried and would like to hear from anyone as to what we should do at this stage.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:26 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
We are booked to fly FRA-ALC (Alicante, Spain) on September 29th, 2022. This is after arriving from Johannesburg at FRA the same morning. Just read that September 29th is one of the scheduled days for Spanish airport strikes. I checked with Lufthansa South Africa and they had not received updated information yet. A bit worried and would like to hear from anyone as to what we should do at this stage.
Did you mean to post on the Lufthansa forum? JAL doesn't fly to ALC
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:49 pm

Is a business award booked in U? I need to plug some dates in to EF. Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Is a business award booked in U? I need to plug some dates in to EF. Thanks
Yes, it is U. But I seem to remember people saying it does not show on EF.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, it is U. But I seem to remember people saying it does not show on EF.
Thank you. I'm trying to get a SIN-HND award, but JL isn't even selling business class. Any reason why that would be?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Thank you. I'm trying to get a SIN-HND award, but JL isn't even selling business class. Any reason why that would be?
If you are looking at JL35 or JL38, they are still suspended due to covid capacity reductions. If you are looking in the period November to January or February, as they are currently planning the schedule and lots of flights are zeroed until they know what flights will be operated.
saaveraward likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
About to book a JAL I class ticket via AMEX IAP, however when looking at the FCO earning calculator, it mentioned The mileage accumulation rate is 70% when traveling on agent organized tours in Business Class , any one have experience if AMEX IAP will post 125% FOP as regular I class or only 70%?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by gokeeper; Aug 29, 2022 at 7:53 pm
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by gokeeper
About to book a JAL I class ticket via AMEX IAP, however when looking at the FCO earning calculator, it mentioned The mileage accumulation rate is 70% when traveling on agent organized tours in Business Class , any one have experience if AMEX IAP will post 125% FOP as regular I class or only 70%?
Thanks in advance.
Not a direct answer to your question, but I don't think JAL tickets sold by IAP are tour tickets, but are rather considered as private discount tickets. I have never seen any disadvantage in mileage credit to my AA FFP account or elite status qualification from JAL business class tickets booked via IAP. I have had X (before the recent X/I swap), I (after the X/I swap), and J classes in the past. Hopefully someone who use IAP with a JAL FFP account can confirm.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Thanks in advance.
The 70% applies on package tours fares, that is not a TA booking.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks all! I purchased the ticket today, the reservation detail page shows Acccumulating Mileage of 13,268 miles, which is a little bit fewer than the number 13,606 I got from the calculator with 125% accumulation rate, I guess it will be fine.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:19 pm

Any clues as to when JAL will release their winter schedule past October 29? Very nervous about JAL4 continuing to be grounded.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS G75k, Hyatt Globalist
Made a booking on AA to fly on JL metal, I can't seem to put in my Alaska OWE number on the JL website, do I have to call in?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icejan
Made a booking on AA to fly on JL metal, I can't seem to put in my Alaska OWE number on the JL website, do I have to call in?
Yes, you will need to call in to do it.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Morkai
Any clues as to when JAL will release their winter schedule past October 29? Very nervous about JAL4 continuing to be grounded.
I would have expected it to be around this week. It probably rather soon.
​​​​​
Rathee than a second rotation to HND, my guess would probably be more flights to Narita for connecting traffic if JFK sees an increase in flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.