Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by amm
Thanks! Would I be able to check luggage through to Singapore or should I stick with hand luggage to be safe?
JAL checks luggage through across separate tickets to all Oneworld airlines. So you can bring checked luggage without any issues.
amm likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:54 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by amm
Thanks! Would I be able to check luggage through to Singapore or should I stick with hand luggage to be safe?
JAL interlines with alliance partner even when tickets are in different PNR. So you shouldn’t have problem when it’s a JL to JL connection.
amm likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Is there anyway of buying Economy and Business class in the same booking screen? Eg something like KUL-NRT in EY while NRT-KUL in C class in the booking page.

I remember there is the option to buy EY and C class on the same screen before the transition to the current booking system which only allow either EY or C class but not both.

Last edited by minizian; Jul 17, 2022 at 10:15 am
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:38 pm

Two questions on JAL Lounge (specifically for KIX).

1. I have a business class reservation that flies into KIX at 6 PM and leaves at 12:30 AM. Will we be allowed into the JAL lounge? I read some blog that you can only use the lounge if the flight is the same day.
2. We have 2 infants on the flights (on lap). Will they be allowed in the lounge?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Any idea why JL 33, HND-BKK is zeroed out across the board in all classes on 12/26/22 (per ExpertFlyer)? I know seat maps aren’t necessarily representative of actual loads, but there are lots of open seats on the map for both business class and economy. Is this an indication the flight is already sold out, that JL is holding back inventory for some reason to sell later, or a sign that JL may be cancelling the flight so it doesn’t want to continue to allow passengers to be ticketed onto it?

Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Any idea why JL 33, HND-BKK is zeroed out across the board in all classes on 12/26/22 (per ExpertFlyer)? I know seat maps aren’t necessarily representative of actual loads, but there are lots of open seats on the map for both business class and economy. Is this an indication the flight is already sold out, that JL is holding back inventory for some reason to sell later, or a sign that JL may be cancelling the flight so it doesn’t want to continue to allow passengers to be ticketed onto it?
Many of the JL flights for Oct-Jan have been like that for the past couple of weeks or so. This is the usual precursor to schedule announcement. Those flights showing zero inventory despite many unoccupied seats in the seat map will probably be cancelled.
SAT Lawyer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by minizian
Is there anyway of buying Economy and Business class in the same booking screen? Eg something like KUL-NRT in EY while NRT-KUL in C class in the booking page.

I remember there is the option to buy EY and C class on the same screen before the transition to the current booking system which only allow either EY or C class but not both.
When you select the class you want to book, you are usually shown the class above as well, so if you select premium economy you will also see a business fare, and you can select premium economy one way and business the other. If you search for economy you will see premium economy as well. Not sure what you mean with EY, whether you are looking to combine economy or premium economy with business class.
minizian likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SCtrojan
Two questions on JAL Lounge (specifically for KIX).

1. I have a business class reservation that flies into KIX at 6 PM and leaves at 12:30 AM. Will we be allowed into the JAL lounge? I read some blog that you can only use the lounge if the flight is the same day.
2. We have 2 infants on the flights (on lap). Will they be allowed in the lounge?
12:30am would be considered same day. Yes they will be allowed in the lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kentauta
Many of the JL flights for Oct-Jan have been like that for the past couple of weeks or so. This is the usual precursor to schedule announcement. Those flights showing zero inventory despite many unoccupied seats in the seat map will probably be cancelled.
JL33 only operates twice weekly at the moment, so it is probably up a review on the frequencies needed in the next 3-4 months of schedules to be published.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BonVoy Titanium
Update on my upgrade situation: although at first I was successful in upgrading myself via the JAL website, I just received a call from JAL and they informed me because my JAL Mileage Bank account was opened less than 60 days ago, I'm not eligible to use my Mileage Bank points for any upgrades. Bummer as I wasn't aware of this - so heads up to anyone else, it's a good idea to create an account now if you plan on transferring and using points in your JAL Mileage Bank account.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
When you select the class you want to book, you are usually shown the class above as well, so if you select premium economy you will also see a business fare, and you can select premium economy one way and business the other. If you search for economy you will see premium economy as well. Not sure what you mean with EY, whether you are looking to combine economy or premium economy with business class.
Apologies for not being very clear cut. What you mentioned is exactly what I remembered how it was used to be before the transfer to current system.

I am looking to combine Premium Economy one way and return trip in Business class.

Basically this is how my screen was like when I click Premium Economy in the search flight button (with no option to click multiple class). It will only show Premium Economy with no option for Business Class. Not sure if it is due to region differences or what? However, it will show option for Premium Economy if I click on Economy.

In comparison to MH system where you can mix and match Economy and Business class as an example
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get similar options to the MH one, not quite as wide a range of options, but if I search for premium economy, I see both that and business class. It may be a variance on regional websites, not sure.
minizian likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by minizian
I am looking to combine Premium Economy one way and return trip in Business class.
Have you tried the multi-city booking option? What you are trying to do seems doable to me.

minizian likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I get similar options to the MH one, not quite as wide a range of options, but if I search for premium economy, I see both that and business class. It may be a variance on regional websites, not sure.
Just did a quick check on SIN/BKK & CGK point of sales, it seems like they are showing like what you have mentioned. Even on days that does not have PY they will still show BC fares.

It is really odd that KUL point of sale will only show literally the classes you selected only of the classes and not mixture (eg PY and BC together). It just show no availability on days where there is no PY equipped plane operating and forces you to change departure date on days there is PY equipped plane.

Not sure why but it is odd for sure

Originally Posted by kentauta
Have you tried the multi-city booking option? What you are trying to do seems doable to me.
Just saw your message, funny workaround but it is better than nothing for sure. Thank you

Last edited by minizian; Jul 17, 2022 at 8:13 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:38 am

This is concerning. I’m booked on JL33 departing 10/3/22. Are you able to check loading for me to see if I am destined for the same fate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.