Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2020, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by reggiekush
Do you know if the showers are operational, perhaps for those who are supposed to have First lounge access under usual circumstances? I connect onto CGK from ORD and was hoping to get a quick refresh as I'll be originating from YYZ before ORD.
I don't know, last I flew international the departure was outside of the lounge opening hours, but the website does not mention anything about changed services around the showers. The website does mention that the handriers in the washrooms are not operational, so my guess is no mention means no change for the showers.
reggiekush likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:41 pm

Does a ticket need to be purchased from JAL in order to be eligible for JMB upgrade mileage award? For example, a DCA-ORD-HND ticket from AA where the HND segment is both JL-operated and JL-coded.

thanks
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Hi all,

I recently discovered the helpful Mt Fuji view microsite and went to select our domestic F seats for ITM HND in July. However, 1A and 2A are both blocked, which appears to be the case for all flights on that route I've looked at, across a few dates.

Any tips? Does my oneworld Sapphire status get us anywhere if I call or are they reserved for JAL status folks?

Thanks so much!

Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:52 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by tetudc
Hi all,

I recently discovered the helpful Mt Fuji view microsite and went to select our domestic F seats for ITM HND in July. However, 1A and 2A are both blocked, which appears to be the case for all flights on that route I've looked at, across a few dates.

Any tips? Does my oneworld Sapphire status get us anywhere if I call or are they reserved for JAL status folks?

Thanks so much!

What you see online is what you are able to select in advanced
tetudc likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Am I right to assume if I was to redeem a SIN-JFK award light on JL, I need to book 2 separate tickets of SIN-TYO and then TYO-JFK?

The website doesn't allow me to price SIN-JFK.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Am I right to assume if I was to redeem a SIN-JFK award light on JL, I need to book 2 separate tickets of SIN-TYO and then TYO-JFK?

The website doesn't allow me to price SIN-JFK.
Correct.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 2:27 pm

Looks like no more Hibiki 17 in F, at least on the HND-ORD route.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: Free agent
I just got an email from JAL about a flight change due to reduction in service. It's a non-refundable/non-changeable domestic ticket from CTS to HND that we had leftover from our now-cancelled trip in February 2021. When I log in, I can't see the flight and I can't accept or decline the changes. Is there a way to get a refund on this due to the change being unacceptable and do I need to call in?

EDIT: I called in was able to cancel for a full refund. Very unexpected.

Last edited by MSYtoJFKagain; Jan 14, 2021 at 9:56 am
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:36 am

Jal or Ana business class out of lax? Which one do you like more ?
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Stocktc1
Jal or Ana business class out of lax? Which one do you like more ?
Check if ANA flies the new The Room business class. If they are, then it’s not even a discussion. ANA wins hands down (and they serve Johnny Walker Blue in business!) (unless you require specific timings etc)
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:39 am

Was it Ana or jal that announced new premium seats precovid but not for lax ? I think it was the Ana the room ?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Refund speed

Any experience with his long it takes to get a refund to the original credit card for a canceled domestic ticket? I canceled online where it explained the fee and how much would be returned to my card. I didn’t get an email but the process reported success and offered a receipt for the cancellation fee. I expected to see that on my credit card account in a week or so but still nothing. Do I need to do anything else or just be patient? Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:19 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by tetudc
Any experience with his long it takes to get a refund to the original credit card for a canceled domestic ticket? I canceled online where it explained the fee and how much would be returned to my card. I didn’t get an email but the process reported success and offered a receipt for the cancellation fee. I expected to see that on my credit card account in a week or so but still nothing. Do I need to do anything else or just be patient? Thanks!
up to two billing cycles is the standard
tetudc likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:42 pm

Hello! I was hoping to book a first class ticket next March from the West Coast to Tokyo. I looked on BA and every day says no flights carry first class. I didn't see any in March. Did JAL stop first class Tokyo to West Coast? If so, if this policy reverses back is there a way to get on some kind of list to upgrade to first?
thank-you!
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raddoc2010
Hello! I was hoping to book a first class ticket next March from the West Coast to Tokyo. I looked on BA and every day says no flights carry first class. I didn't see any in March. Did JAL stop first class Tokyo to West Coast? If so, if this policy reverses back is there a way to get on some kind of list to upgrade to first?
thank-you!
JL15/16 and JL1/2 are still scheduled to operate with 777-300ER in March next year. I can't remember how far out BA has access to JL inventory, but if memory serves me right, it is 330 days, which could be why you don't see anything in March. If part of March is open on BA and still you don't see F, then it is probably because it is already full.
Raddoc2010 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.