Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
If the faster storm track holds, then I'll be a happy camper and be able to fly out Sunday morning.

Assuming the Keikyu Line is back up and running by then, anyhow.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Im going back to Yokohama from Kyoto for the rugby game on Saturday evening though (by train), which is looking like its in jeopardy right now. May not travel at all if game is canned, which would be a great shame - and sounds like it might produce a bit of a fight for a refund if flight conditions are ok (or have to be taken to my insurance).
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by etiene
Im going back to Yokohama from Kyoto for the rugby game on Saturday evening though (by train), which is looking like its in jeopardy right now. May not travel at all if game is canned, which would be a great shame - and sounds like it might produce a bit of a fight for a refund if flight conditions are ok (or have to be taken to my insurance).
By the current tracks, the typhoon will not get in over the Kansai region, and hit the Tokyo area in dead center around 9pm on the 12th. By the 13th when the game is played, the typhoon will be long gone from the Kanto region. Unless it changes track of course. It has been veering east lately, and would need to take a very heavy west turn to get back to the predicted Tokyo landfall. So maybe it will just be a storm in glass of water, or at least just an ocean of water.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
By the current tracks, the typhoon will not get in over the Kansai region, and hit the Tokyo area in dead center around 9pm on the 12th. By the 13th when the game is played, the typhoon will be long gone from the Kanto region. Unless it changes track of course. It has been veering east lately, and would need to take a very heavy west turn to get back to the predicted Tokyo landfall. So maybe it will just be a storm in glass of water, or at least just an ocean of water.
Sorry: England game 5 pm Saturday for me, then USA-Tonga at Hanazono on Sunday. So right in the predicted path at present I think, if under the leading edge. Seems like the Scotland game on Sunday might be fine (weather wise, at least).
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Sorry: England game 5 pm Saturday for me, then USA-Tonga at Hanazono on Sunday. So right in the predicted path at present I think, if under the leading edge. Seems like the Scotland game on Sunday might be fine (weather wise, at least).
Yeah, then you are quite in the weather path for Saturday. At the moment.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:00 pm

Yeah, then you are quite in the weather path for Saturday. At the moment.
I believe World Rugby are making a call at 12 today, so later course changes may be no help anyway... :-(
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe World Rugby are making a call at 12 today, so later course changes may be no help anyway... :-(
That would be absurdly early to call it....
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:46 pm

That would be absurdly early to call it....
140,000 fans across both games, I suspect many are dispersed around the country like myself - so last minute calls would be gutsy. Whether they do the same thing for both games remains to be seen.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Already out.

Friday, 11 October
Pool D match between Australia and Georgia in Shizuoka at 19:15 JST to be played as scheduled

Saturday, 12 October
Pool A match between Ireland and Samoa in Fukuoka at 19:45 JST to be played as scheduled
Pool B match between New Zealand and Italy to be cancelled
Pool C match between England and France to be cancelled

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/update
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Already out.

Friday, 11 October
Pool D match between Australia and Georgia in Shizuoka at 19:15 JST to be played as scheduled

Saturday, 12 October
Pool A match between Ireland and Samoa in Fukuoka at 19:45 JST to be played as scheduled
Pool B match between New Zealand and Italy to be cancelled
Pool C match between England and France to be cancelled

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/update
Yup. Now I have Shinkansen and JAL tickets to refund, and a hotel booking to ask to get out of.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Yup. Now I have Shinkansen and JAL tickets to refund, and a hotel booking to ask to get out of.
JAL has already OKd refunds/cancel for Saturday for all flights to/from Tokyo.

https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/en/w..._info_dom.html
What to do when your flight is delayed or canceled
STEP1Check the operation status of your flight
Please search the operation status of your flight. If it corresponds to any of the following, you can request to change your flight or refund your ticket.
Your departure or arrival airport is shown in Airports with Special Ticket Handling.
An asterisk (*) mark is shown for your flight in Arrivals & Departures or Flight Delay/Cancellation Information.
Airports with Special Ticket Handling https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/ja/info.html
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
One plate per time you line up during the visit. So with a bit of exercise, as much as you want.
And they ended the inane policy of forcing you to eat the whole set, so now you can just ask for three pieces of toro every time if you want!!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
JAL has already OKd refunds/cancel for Saturday for all flights to/from Tokyo.

https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/en/w..._info_dom.html
What to do when your flight is delayed or canceled
STEP1Check the operation status of your flight
Please search the operation status of your flight. If it corresponds to any of the following, you can request to change your flight or refund your ticket.
Your departure or arrival airport is shown in Airports with Special Ticket Handling.
An asterisk (*) mark is shown for your flight in Arrivals & Departures or Flight Delay/Cancellation Information.
Airports with Special Ticket Handling https://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/ja/info.html
Flight is Sunday, so need to wait some there by my reading. Shinkansen Saturday - though that seems fine as far as cancellations go?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight is Sunday, so need to wait some there by my reading. Shinkansen Saturday - though that seems fine as far as cancellations go?
Standard Shinkansen tickets are refundable as long as you go to a station before the first day of validity.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
And they ended the inane policy of forcing you to eat the whole set, so now you can just ask for three pieces of toro every time if you want!!
Provided they have toro the specific week you are there....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.