Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 26, 18, 4:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tokyoite
Wiki Link
Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 5, 19, 11:24 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Originally Posted by mhy View Post
Cash ticket. I guess Iíll check at 72 hours and see what is available. It's quite a long while away and I'll be OWS by then so hoping to snag one of those seats!
Row 5 is blocked for anyone less than OWE (JGP/Diamond/ OWEs).
It opens up at T-72 to OWS, and opens to all at T-24 online check-in time.
I also have a X class ticket and can confirm this from the JAL website and Expertflyer.
Excellent seat management by JAL, IMHO.
Last minute bookings by Diamonds/Emeralds (up to T-72) are still rewarded with the mini-cabin up front. That's some reward for loyalty via segregation by status.
Similar controls for the rest of the premium cabin.
Rows 1-4 on the 787 restricted to OWE (JGP/Diamond/ OWEs) up until T-72
Forward cabin on the 787 (Rows 5-7 or 5-8 between doors 1 and 2) restricted to OWS and above up until T-24.
kentauta and mhy like this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
On a side note, I wonder how easy or difficult it will be to get redemptions in connection with the Olympics, even assuming JAL releases the normal level inventory, you are hardly the only person wanting to book. And JMB members now get a head start as the availability opens earlier for JAL' s own members.
Good question. I suspect award space will be scarce. Why release seats when you can sell them at a premium?
Mark your award calendars/set your alarms for August, which would be 355 ish days to the games.
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:49 pm

Catching earlier flight

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Singapore to visit her dad in February. I was able to book round-trip F on ANA from IAD to NRT arriving in Tokyo at 3:15PM. My question is that I have looked at booking JAL flight from NRT to SIN, but the flight leaves 6:00PM. I'm too nervous to book that flight same day in case we're delayed, but if I book a flight for the next day what are the chances that if we arrive in time, that we could get request to get on the earlier flight? My apologies, if this is not well explained. Thanks for any insights or suggestions you may have!
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:42 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ca53395 View Post
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Singapore to visit her dad in February. I was able to book round-trip F on ANA from IAD to NRT arriving in Tokyo at 3:15PM. My question is that I have looked at booking JAL flight from NRT to SIN, but the flight leaves 6:00PM. I'm too nervous to book that flight same day in case we're delayed, but if I book a flight for the next day what are the chances that if we arrive in time, that we could get request to get on the earlier flight? My apologies, if this is not well explained. Thanks for any insights or suggestions you may have!
Almost none, unless you book a sufficiently flexible ticket. And you'd probably be surprised what a flexible return ticket Tokyo to Singapore costs.
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Almost none, unless you book a sufficiently flexible ticket. And you'd probably be surprised what a flexible return ticket Tokyo to Singapore costs.
Yea, I was thinking more like book two award flights through AS for 50k miles. There seems to be plenty of availability at the moment (obviously that could change by the time we actually fly) so my thinking was why wouldn't they stick us on the earlier flight if there was plenty of room? They'd then have longer to actually sell the our seats for the following day, but I guess it doesn't always go by logic though haha
Old Jul 11, 19, 5:00 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ca53395 View Post
Yea, I was thinking more like book two award flights through AS for 50k miles. There seems to be plenty of availability at the moment (obviously that could change by the time we actually fly) so my thinking was why wouldn't they stick us on the earlier flight if there was plenty of room? They'd then have longer to actually sell the our seats for the following day, but I guess it doesn't always go by logic though haha
It goes by logic. Just a different logic.