Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JALPak
Yes daily on LHR-NRT and JFK-NRT routes

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...light=schedule
As a newbie. ^^ Awesome JalPak! Many thanks for this superb service. Thank you!

By the way. I can't book flights using my Mac. Safari and Chrome show me an error page. My Windows machine at work allowed me to proceed. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
First class lounge @LAX

i will be flying tomorrow LAX-NRT-ICN, is there JAL first class lounge @ LAX?
When arrriving NRT, can i use JAL first class lounge? LAX-NRT is first but NRT-ICN is business.
thanks
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:15 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
i will be flying tomorrow LAX-NRT-ICN, is there JAL first class lounge @ LAX?
When arrriving NRT, can i use JAL first class lounge? LAX-NRT is first but NRT-ICN is business.
thanks
You will be using the oneworld First Class lounge at TBIT, and yes according to oneworld lounge access policy, you will have access to the NRT JAL First Class Lounge as long as it is a "same day" connection.

Which lounge will I have access base on my class of travel to if I am connecting between flights which I travel on different classes?

Enjoy your flights.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
You will be using the oneworld First Class lounge at TBIT, and yes according to oneworld lounge access policy, you will have access to the NRT JAL First Class Lounge as long as it is a "same day" connection.

Which lounge will I have access base on my class of travel to if I am connecting between flights which I travel on different classes?

Enjoy your flights.
thanks for your quick respond!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:54 pm

I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this question, but I'm a newbie, so here goes:

In October I'm flying from HKG to PHL on AA with layovers in NRT and DFW. If I change my reservation to fly on JAL from HKG to NRT and then to ORD (and then to PHL on AA), can I have a few day stopover in Tokyo, or would this be an additional leg and therefore require additional miles? I can't fly directly to the U.S. on miles as there are no seats available. Since I have to go to Tokyo anyway, I would like to see the city for a few days if possible. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by String33
I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this question, but I'm a newbie, so here goes:

In October I'm flying from HKG to PHL on AA with layovers in NRT and DFW. If I change my reservation to fly on JAL from HKG to NRT and then to ORD (and then to PHL on AA), can I have a few day stopover in Tokyo, or would this be an additional leg and therefore require additional miles? I can't fly directly to the U.S. on miles as there are no seats available. Since I have to go to Tokyo anyway, I would like to see the city for a few days if possible. Thanks in advance!
Which FFP you are using to redeem your trip? I depends on the rules of the program.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:09 pm

Which FFP you are using to redeem your trip? I depends on the rules of the program.
Whoops. I am using AA miles.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by String33
Whoops. I am using AA miles.
I am afraid you would need to check with the AA folks then. Most people here aren't that familiar with the AA program. There's a flame free thread over there too if you aren't sure where to post this question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lame-free.html
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:20 pm

I am afraid you would need to check with the AA folks then. Most people here aren't that familiar with the AA program. There's a flame free thread over there too if you aren't sure where to post this question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lame-free.html
Will do. Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Deleted.

Last edited by Goosh; Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:21 am
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
If I book a flight using JAL's site and then use JAL miles to upgrade seats, at the time of check-in, could I credit the miles accumulated on the base ticket to another oneworld carrier (e.g. AA)?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KPT
If I book a flight using JAL's site and then use JAL miles to upgrade seats, at the time of check-in, could I credit the miles accumulated on the base ticket to another oneworld carrier (e.g. AA)?
I haven't done that myself but I don't see why not.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:03 am

JALPAK:

I am taking an open jaw flight from Phoenix to Shanghai and from Haneda back to Phoenix on American Airlines. To get from Shanghai to Haneda I am taking an Asiana flight. Would I be eligible for the JAL Yokosa domestic fares? I tried to buy my tickets on line but can not do so? Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by traveller101
JALPAK:

I am taking an open jaw flight from Phoenix to Shanghai and from Haneda back to Phoenix on American Airlines. To get from Shanghai to Haneda I am taking an Asiana flight. Would I be eligible for the JAL Yokosa domestic fares? I tried to buy my tickets on line but can not do so? Thanks
Sorry I am not sure about this. You might need to call JAL for this.

Is this all on a single ticket? If they are two one-way tickets, you won't be able to buy Yokoso. But there's Welcome to Japan ticket which is slightly more expensive and you can fly to and from Japan on any carrier. But again, this requires a roundtrip ticket.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:25 pm

JALPak

Thank you. I did call the JAL rep. Initially, he said it had to be roundtrip. But after conferring with his colleagues, he said you could do it with an open jaw ticket. He was quite nice taking me thru the on line booking. And apparently this time it worked. Great!! Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.