Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
Is anyone able to give an educated guess as to when the next wave of Sakitoku fares will be released? I’m looking to purchase a domestic Golden Week flight so will need to get in there pretty sharpish...
This year for 26Mar2017 to 28Oct2017
Reservation Started on 09:30AM 26Jan2017 (for ordinary passengers)
11:00AM 24Jan2017 (for status members)

So, I guess around 25Jan2018(Thu).
Anyway, exact schedule will be announced around 20Jan2018.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
I spent time on the phone booking an F award reservation a couple of days ago. The rep said that it was confirmed, however I received an email today with the title: "Notice of Award Ticket Waitlist Holding Deadline". Has anyone come across this before and do I need to take any action? I'd rather not phone and ask if it's nothing to worry about as I was on hold for 2+ hours last time.
If you check your reservation on the JAL homepage, you will be able to see if one of the legs are waitlisted. If it is, there is nothing to do but wait. The initial confirmation mail should also show this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
This year for 26Mar2017 to 28Oct2017
Reservation Started on 09:30AM 26Jan2017 (for ordinary passengers)
11:00AM 24Jan2017 (for status members)

So, I guess around 25Jan2018(Thu).
Anyway, exact schedule will be announced around 20Jan2018.
Thanks, that’s helpful. To confirm, is the pre-sale for “status members” for JMB status members only, or can other OW status members participate too?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
Thanks, that’s helpful. To confirm, is the pre-sale for “status members” for JMB status members only, or can other OW status members participate too?
JMB.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:36 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The CA calendar is sold out. They it’s recently sold out, possibly today because the staffs kept telling me they are over there but then was corrected by the cashier
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
The CA calendar is sold out. They it’s recently sold out, possibly today because the staffs kept telling me they are over there but then was corrected by the cashier
Get the fleet calendar instead
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Get the fleet calendar instead
I am getting the fleet and classic fleet either way but I need the CA one too! Now need to find it at other stores
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:02 am
Original Poster

They have some new iPhone 7/8 cases but nothing for iPhone X or 7+/8+ yet. A couple of them looks really nice. I think one of them will be perfect for @fumitani
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I have an upcoming flight LAX-NRT next week in F w/ my wife. We are booked in 1D/1G, but JAL.com would allow me to book 1A/1D instead. Does anyone think that having seats across the aisle is preferable? (And if so, why, etc.?) Thanks in advance. Have flown JL in F many times by myself, and once w/ my wife last year (in 1D/1G).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by JALPak
I am getting the fleet and classic fleet either way but I need the CA one too! Now need to find it at other stores
Amazon is your friend. If that doesn't work, I can post a picture each month in the Sakura thread (calendar date side of course, that's what you're looking for right?)

The JTA desktop one becomes a postcard after each month. Not very airliney but nice nonetheless.

Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Amazon is your friend. If that doesn't work, I can post a picture each month in the Sakura thread (calendar date side of course, that's what you're looking for right?)

The JTA desktop one becomes a postcard after each month. Not very airliney but nice nonetheless.

I've already placed the order a couple of minutes ago Good that I bought an extra roundtrip ticket to Japan next week so I will be in town again to pick up the calendar LOL
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:50 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
For those that have selected diamond/premier gifts before, how was the experience with ringbell? I was thinking of getting the items delivered to hotel or friend's address in Tokyo, but the website is hard to navigate and there's no English version.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I have an upcoming flight LAX-NRT next week in F w/ my wife. We are booked in 1D/1G, but JAL.com would allow me to book 1A/1D instead. Does anyone think that having seats across the aisle is preferable? (And if so, why, etc.?) Thanks in advance. Have flown JL in F many times by myself, and once w/ my wife last year (in 1D/1G).
I would think that the middle section is far preferable. With the privacy divider lowered conversation is quite easy. Which it will not be accross the aisle.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jix
For those that have selected diamond/premier gifts before, how was the experience with ringbell? I was thinking of getting the items delivered to hotel or friend's address in Tokyo, but the website is hard to navigate and there's no English version.
I have ever only selected coupons or e-points. So I can't say. Though being a Japanese company, I am sure they are fairly reliable.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by jix
There is (partial ?) English version.
You can click "EN" logo at top right corner of JMB???????JGC???? ??????????2017 ??????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.