Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Question - Narita

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AMEX, MARRIOTT, ANA, UAL, CHASE
Lounge Question - Narita

I'm flying LAX - NRT on JAL in business.
I have a 16 hour layover and then fly from Haneda - HKG

Will i have lounge access upon arrival at NRT?

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Nope. You'd have to go through security at NRT to get back up to the departures level and you won't have a valid boarding pass. I guess they might overlook the fact that you're leaving the next day out of HND but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Black Adder
Nope. You'd have to go through security at NRT to get back up to the departures level and you won't have a valid boarding pass. I guess they might overlook the fact that you're leaving the next day out of HND but I wouldn't bet on it.
I doubt that they will overlook it. NRT transit security is very strict on checking boarding passes. I do not see how they will allow a next day departure, out of a different area airport, to enter the NRT departure area.

So, OP, count on not having lounge access on arrival in NRT.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Like others have mentioned, you're not actually switching planes at NRT so you will have to go through passport control as soon as you arrive at NRT so no lounge access.

If you're after a shower facility, as a J passenger you get access to one. Can't find an English version of this so will have to get someone else you post the English link if there is one.

http://www.jal.co.jp/narita-t2/campaign/shower/

You can see where it's located based on the map. I've used it a few times and found it to be clean and useful.

With 16 hours you might as well book a hotel somewhere in Tokyo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.