Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:21 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Mystery solved, JL will replace two 788 with larger planes when it transfer them to the LCC division

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167195
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was just checking flight history of today's plane, which led to some interesting stops.... New destination coming up? Or ferrying supplies and aid to Nepal?
They have been operating packaged tour charters to Kathmandu, with a stop in BKK on the way home.

Japanese article: https://flyteam.jp/news/article/100447
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

I don’t like this at all

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167215

また、機材改修で座席数を増やすことで、機材を大幅に増やすことなくグループ全体の提供座席数を、2017 年度比で17%増やす。
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
17%... there goes Sky Wider *and* a lot of premium seats...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joejones
17%... there goes Sky Wider *and* a lot of premium seats...
But it's 17% compared to FY2017...look at the fleet plan, there's 10 extra planes in the fleet...combined that with the new E03 and SS9II configs, so we should be "safe" for now?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by joejones
They have been operating packaged tour charters to Kathmandu, with a stop in BKK on the way home.

Japanese article: https://flyteam.jp/news/article/100447
Interesting, they should just have skipped the stop in Bangkok, and spent more time in Nepal. ..
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167238

there’s a bit more details on the 17% ASK increase...they are looking for 25% ASK increase in int’l network and they mentioned E11 to E12 conversion because regional flights needed the extra Y seats. But is that enough to get the 25% increase?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/167238

there’s a bit more details on the 17% ASK increase...they are looking for 25% ASK increase in int’l network and they mentioned E11 to E12 conversion because regional flights needed the extra Y seats. But is that enough to get the 25% increase?
According to the article, the international fleet is going to grow with 1 and the LCC with 2 planes Assuming that they count the LCC in the overall international capacity growth, that's 3 additonal airframes in 2019. Then in 2020 another 2 joins the international fleet, with that and the shift from E11 to E12 we are probably there.

We can then wonder what they are going to do when the 77W starts being replaced by smaller A350-1000, will they keep some of the last 77W around longer to keep capacity, or are they going to order a proper replacement?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:08 am
Original Poster

According to the article, the international fleet is going to grow with 1 and the LCC with 2 planes Assuming that they count the LCC in the overall international capacity growth, that's 3 additonal airframes in 2019. Then in 2020 another 2 joins the international fleet, with that and the shift from E11 to E12 we are probably there.

We can then wonder what they are going to do when the 77W starts being replaced by smaller A350-1000, will they keep some of the last 77W around longer to keep capacity, or are they going to order a proper replacement?
but they are talking about 25% increase compared to FY2017. That’s a lot of extra capacity. Are these enough or more changes are coming?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

but they are talking about 25% increase compared to FY2017. That’s a lot of extra capacity. Are these enough or more changes are coming?
Which already had 10 new planes, so 15 increase on 80, plus E11 to E12 it will not be far off the 25%. Maybe they can squeeze a bit extra fleet efficiency as well.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Which already had 10 new planes, so 15 increase on 80, plus E11 to E12 it will not be far off the 25%. Maybe they can squeeze a bit extra fleet efficiency as well.
actually 9 new planes only compared to end of FY2017 if we are talking about int’l ASK. 5 net gain for the entire fleet. I didn’t realize the FY2017 fleet size changed between last year’s and this year’s plan when I sent you those slides yesterday But the gains are all from domestic fleet.

Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
It was actually a bit overboard, but I would say in a good way as they are really treating you like a VIP.

The boarding pass got printed, the check in agent says happy birthday after shes saws the boarding pass has !! Happy Birthday !! printed on there. I thought of correcting her (cause it already passed), but did not bother cause once she said it, everyone around who helps you with bags and stuff says it. I was not really into correcting everyone who reads the boarding pass, so why not let's celebrate. When you go through the JGC security, the lady also says it, so yeah. However, the airport immigration lady did not look at it though, so this is really just JAL doing it.

Once in the lounge the counter lady scans the boarding pass and reads it (I think it pop-ed up in her screen), then the entire lounge staff saying happy birthday to you. They even have those happy birthday cards written with some lounge snacks in it to give before you leave, so I would believe this is part of the SOP. Once you take off, the entire group says happy birthday to you again when you pass by the counter (so I guess I was being monitored in the lounge lol).

At boarding gate the first lady who checks the boarding pass also says the wishes, but the guy who scans the boarding pass did not say anything, so sometimes a read is required to figure it out. I was wrong. The purser and attendants still knows it once on board even though I only showed the right side of the boarding pass with the !! Happy Birthday !! hidden in my passport. I guess they have something hard coded in the system and printed for the cabin. The cabin was full, but you have all 4 of the attendants rotating to come and greet you wishes. Towards the end of the flight, a specially made fruit plate with happy birthday was given... so they tried to really please the guests with whatever they have.

Since I am not special guest or big corp. owner/officers so there is no one to greet me at LAX. One would think it's over off the plane.... but no... the happy birthday comes back to haunt you at the carousels. I thought I got the wrong bag cause there are weird things tied on the bags. ...but it was the right bag! It just has another birthday card attached to it (by Narita Airport check in staff). I guess they attached the card after I left the check in counter. Somehow it got on to the bag without me seeing it.

So you get...

1. A boarding pass with !! Happy Birthday !! on there,
2. A Happy Birthday card from the Lounge with snacks in it.
3. A decorated Happy Birthday fruit plate in flight, and
4. Another Happy Birthday card attached to your bag.

Why would you choose another airline over JAL for your birthday then if it's an option

flew short haul JL flight GMP-HND on my birthday on J. Nothing special happened to me, except on the last moment before they were about to finish the service in preparation for landing. I got a handwritten postcard with happy birthday message as well as a small gift bag containing a small plastic plane model and the 2 small snacks (arare?) that they usually give out at the start of J class drink service. So yes, what you get depends on your routes and class, but still made my day anyway.
coolfish1103 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares for the second half of fiscal 2019 (departing 10/29/2019 through 3/28/2020) will still go on sale as a block in late August 2019.
This will be the last time SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fares go on sale as a block.
Priority domestic booking service for JMB Diamond members and JGC Premier members will change beginning with flights booked Tuesday, September 10, 2019...
Any info on what the change will be?
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/dom/330-change/
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Uh oh.... something's missing (besides the JTA desktop/postcard one)....

https://www.shop.jal.co.jp/c/101710/
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Uh oh.... something's missing (besides the JTA desktop/postcard one)....

https://www.shop.jal.co.jp/c/101710/
The CA calendar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.