Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
But we may see a live panic post after a few aborted landings
A bit hard landing, and fairly heavy rain The JAL domestic terminal was almost lost from sight from the international terminal. But no problems landing.

The pilot did announce in advance that he expected to reach Tokyo before the typhoon. Seems it slowed down a bit.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:29 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A bit hard landing, and fairly heavy rain The JAL domestic terminal was almost lost from sight from the international terminal. But no problems landing.

The pilot did announce in advance that he expected to reach Tokyo before the typhoon. Seems it slowed down a bit.
boooooo no roller coaster
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
boooooo no roller coaster
Nothing exciting ....
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I'll probably be landing in the midst of number 24.
dang
should hv called you out for lunch.

i was in shiretoko in the beginnning of september and tokyo yesterday...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka

dang
should hv called you out for lunch.

i was in shiretoko in the beginnning of september and tokyo yesterday...
Landed at 14:40, a bit late for lunch. But in the end well before the typhoon.
kaka likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JAL never ceases to amaze me.

For some reason, my or their mistake I don't really know, our corporate TA booked me on JL37 instead of JL35. So the lady at check in was a bit surprised to see me at 10pm. After a bit of me not understanding what she was talking about, the situation dawned on me.

After a bit of back and forth and at least two supervisers stopping by they moved me to the flight I needed, and had intended to book. And even got the "taihen, o matase itashinashita"

I was so bloody appreciative for them saving my bacon, and they apologised for keeping me there so long.

Lesson learned, read mails from corporate TA.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

JAL never ceases to amaze me.

For some reason, my or their mistake I don't really know, our corporate TA booked me on JL37 instead of JL35. So the lady at check in was a bit surprised to see me at 10pm. After a bit of me not understanding what she was talking about, the situation dawned on me.

After a bit of back and forth and at least two supervisers stopping by they moved me to the flight I needed, and had intended to book. And even got the "taihen, o matase itashinashita"

I was so bloody appreciative for them saving my bacon, and they apologised for keeping me there so long.

Lesson learned, read mails from corporate TA.
I would love to see your reaction once you realized you showed up for the wrong flight
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would love to see your reaction once you realized you showed up for the wrong flight
Looking somewhat xomfused.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:53 am
Original Poster

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/20...0181015-1.html

the dark side to launch red-eye HND-VIE service on Feb 1 2019. So what's next for JL after HND-MNL and NRT-SEA?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/20...0181015-1.html

the dark side to launch red-eye HND-VIE service on Feb 1 2019. So what's next for JL after HND-MNL and NRT-SEA?
Europe is tricky now, as there is so little OneWorld connectivity. And while JL used to offer connections on Lufthansa from Frankfurt that seems to have died completely.

I'd still like to see Miami direct. A one stop to Sao Paulo could be nice. I would not object to a direct flight to Auckland.

As an aside, is there pretty free range on the late night Haneda to Europe flights, or where did the dark side's slot pair come from?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Europe is tricky now, as there is so little OneWorld connectivity. And while JL used to offer connections on Lufthansa from Frankfurt that seems to have died completely.

I'd still like to see Miami direct. A one stop to Sao Paulo could be nice. I would not object to a direct flight to Auckland.

As an aside, is there pretty free range on the late night Haneda to Europe flights, or where did the dark side's slot pair come from?
obviously the slots come from bribery LOL

apparently NH red-eye HND-FRA has been doing well. According to the dark side thread, theres slot availability on HND-HEL too. Not sure why AY/JL didnt add daily service to HND.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

obviously the slots come from bribery LOL

apparently NH red-eye HND-FRA has been doing well. According to the dark side thread, theres slot availability on HND-HEL too. Not sure why AY/JL didnt add daily service to HND.
It would need to depart HND about two hours later than the current HND FRA to get a decent arrival time into HEL, so that people would not need to loiter too long in the airport before their connection. For the summer season AY has been doing double daily to NRT, it does kind of surprise me that one did not go to Haneda in the slots are there.

Problem may be that the governments might want some competitive balance, but Star Alliance (read NH) carriers would not be interested in doing HND HEL, as connections would be rather limited.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Ticket service fee for award tickets is being increased to match those of paid tickets eff 12/19:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/inter/tsf.html

Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ticket service fee for award tickets is being increased to match those of paid tickets eff 12/19:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/inter/tsf.html

took u this long to find out? LOL
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

took u this long to find out? LOL
What can I say, I'm slow on the draw lately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.