Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by jgchiker
Sushi is not good anymore. Better go to the sushi bars outside. If you really want free fish, get some and move on to a quieter place.
Main lounge is a zoo.
Not at all averse to spending money. Goal is some good food, some shower facilities, and reasonably quick WiFi. I appreciate your reply.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Sushi is not good anymore. Better go to the sushi bars outside. If you really want free fish, get some and move on to a quieter place.
Main lounge is a zoo.
The chuu toro was really nice today. Got a round of three of those after this.

I'd say the quality is variable. The anago a week and a half ago was dull.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Does anyone have any recent experience with accessing the HNL Sakura lounge flying Premium Economy? The web site says something about a $30 voucher per passenger...not sure I can find a way to spend that. I'm OW Emerald, but traveling with family (wife and 3 little kids so not sure I can officially get us all access based on that).

Welcome any info!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Does anyone have any recent experience with accessing the HNL Sakura lounge flying Premium Economy? The web site says something about a $30 voucher per passenger...not sure I can find a way to spend that. I'm OW Emerald, but traveling with family (wife and 3 little kids so not sure I can officially get us all access based on that).

Welcome any info!
As JAL does not have sufficient space in the lounge to offer lounge services to Premium Economy class passengers, they are offering a voucher of 30USD per passenger to spend in the airport.

JAL does not access for the family, the one guest rule is pretty strictly followed, and children does count as a guest. Flying Thursday from Narita on Qatar Airways I saw a JAL Diamond member flying to Hawaii on JL being told that he could not bring wife and son to the lounge (5 to 6 years old son I would guess) despite the lounge being absolutely empty. This was around 20:45, and we were probably no more than 10 people in the lounge
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:51 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As JAL does not have sufficient space in the lounge to offer lounge services to Premium Economy class passengers, they are offering a voucher of 30USD per passenger to spend in the airport.

JAL does not access for the family, the one guest rule is pretty strictly followed, and children does count as a guest. Flying Thursday from Narita on Qatar Airways I saw a JAL Diamond member flying to Hawaii on JL being told that he could not bring wife and son to the lounge (5 to 6 years old son I would guess) despite the lounge being absolutely empty. This was around 20:45, and we were probably no more than 10 people in the lounge
children under 2 won’t be counted as a guest though
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The quarterly results are out. Not too bad looking.
​​​​​http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201807/004822.html

But they will probably need to look at costs or surcharges if the oil keeps climbing in price.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:38 am
Original Poster

The quarterly results are out. Not too bad looking.
​​​​​JAL???????31?3????1??????? | ??????? | JAL?????

But they will probably need to look at costs or surcharges if the oil keeps climbing in price.
nothing they can do about surcharge until they revise the surcharge table. But then it can’t be too ridiculous as MLIT has to approve it too. So I am afraid there will be more cost cutting and JMB devaluations coming
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

nothing they can do about surcharge until they revise the surcharge table. But then it can’t be too ridiculous as MLIT has to approve it too. So I am afraid there will be more cost cutting and JMB devaluations coming
Or they'll start increasing the fares ex Japan. Nobody seems to mind the current price levels much
​​​​​
kaka likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Or they'll start increasing the fares ex Japan. Nobody seems to mind the current price levels much
​​​​​
I got an internal memo asking all employees (10.000+) to choose airlines other than JAL to lower travel costs. I doubt JAL is in a position to increase prices.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got an internal memo asking all employees (10.000+) to choose airlines other than JAL to lower travel costs. I doubt JAL is in a position to increase prices.
Yay Peach, yay Air Asia

;-)

Joking aside, JL and NH in general seem to be able to command quite high premiums ex Japan for leisure travel. For corporate travel, decent sized organisations with qualified procurement teams get quite different pricing.
kaka likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: JGC premier
Yay Peach, yay Air Asia

;-)

Joking aside, JL and NH in general seem to be able to command quite high premiums ex Japan for leisure travel. For corporate travel, decent sized organisations with qualified procurement teams get quite different pricing.
Our company used to have global corporate contract with JL/OW but recently switched to lowest reasonable route rule.. even with the discount it wasn’t cheap enough vs. other carriers.

Anyway, just wondering if there has been a change in check in deadline? Now I see 60 min before departure only whereas before it used to be 45 min for business class.. Just found out my flight from NRT has been changed an hour earlier
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bakaneko85

Our company used to have global corporate contract with JL/OW but recently switched to lowest reasonable route rule.. even with the discount it wasn’t cheap enough vs. other carriers.

Anyway, just wondering if there has been a change in check in deadline? Now I see 60 min before departure only whereas before it used to be 45 min for business class.. Just found out my flight from NRT has been changed an hour earlier
We get very attractive rates from JL/OW for our corporate travel. It is rare to see competitive offers on our frequent routes. Going to unusual destinations does give other options that are cheaper. So it does also depend on travel patterns.of the organisation.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bakaneko85

i wonder if they hv recently changed it because its obon soon
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/155398

Looking at KIX, it’s pretty obvious which side is the dark side
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thank you JALPak. It's good to see KIX recovering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.