Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page > [JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Reply

Old Jan 17, 11, 9:14 pm
  #31  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by KIXman View Post
Oh you mean the logo? I'm on my lunch break!
Yea
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 10:37 pm
  #32  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Not sure yet. First i need to achieve them. I am thinking maybe going to Machu Picchu but I think Eiko wants to go there for our honeymoon but that is the first I have heard about us getting married haha. I am sure you have some suggests as to the best way to use them.
Didn't she mentioned about THE RING before? She told you what kind of ring she wants. You just don't get the hints
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 11:10 pm
  #33  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
fumitani, aren't you excited by this announcement? You can finally fly on a direct flight to US east coast. That is if you dare to fly on it

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110118D18SS185.htm
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 11:23 pm
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,416
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
fumitani, aren't you excited by this announcement? You can finally fly on a direct flight to US east coast. That is if you dare to fly on it

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110118D18SS185.htm
You know what? I'm not excited at all.

UA, NW, JL, BR, TG - All tried KIX-LAX and pulled
UA, JL - ORD-KIX and failed
NW had DTW-KIX-MNL
AA had KIX-DFW

NW stopped KIX-SEA, but brought it back with DL...

I don't think it will last very long
fumitani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 11:36 pm
  #35  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
You know what? I'm not excited at all.

UA, NW, JL, BR, TG - All tried KIX-LAX and pulled
UA, JL - ORD-KIX and failed
NW had DTW-KIX-MNL
AA had KIX-DFW

NW stopped KIX-SEA, but brought it back with DL...

I don't think it will last very long
But this time is to east coast But I won't fly on CI if I have a choice

And I miss LAX-KIX. I used to see that flight (JL69) part next to mine (JL61/65/25) and was envy that they have the new Arc of Sun 744. I always wanted to try to fly on that one instead (but would need to do an overnight stay to catch JL701). I never had a chance to do it and now both JL69 and JL701 are gone

Maybe you should sign up for their program and do a MR on them instead
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 11:42 pm
  #36  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
By the way will this be the only KIX longhaul flight after JL suspended KIX-LHR.
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 12:03 am
  #37  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,416
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
By the way will this be the only KIX longhaul flight after JL suspended KIX-LHR.
No....

AA KIX-DFW was tried after and UA's KIX-ORD

NW KIX-DFW was cancelled after also.

Kansai Still Operates

KIX-CDG
KIX-FRA
KIX-HEL
KIX-FCO
KIX-SFO (mid-long haul)
KIX-SEA (mid-long haul)
fumitani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 12:03 am
  #38  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
With all due respect, I am a long way away from ticketing my JGC run so it's all just vague ideas at the moment however it is looking like last week of Oct being prime time for going to UK but once again I won't believe it until I see my departments budget signed off which will happen in a couple of weeks at which point I will get more serious about routing etc.
You know budget could change at any time. They could sign off for your trip now but tell you we don't have enough budget for that any more a a month later because you guys were sued for no snow . And with the ridiculously high price on JAL, will they late you fly there on it if it costs 30% more than say NH?
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 3:13 am
  #39  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
No....

AA KIX-DFW was tried after and UA's KIX-ORD

NW KIX-DFW was cancelled after also.

Kansai Still Operates

KIX-CDG
KIX-FRA
KIX-HEL
KIX-FCO
KIX-SFO (mid-long haul)
KIX-SEA (mid-long haul)
KL's KIX-AMS too

Let's see how long CI's KIX-JFK will last
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 5:05 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,095
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
You know budget could change at any time. They could sign off for your trip now but tell you we don't have enough budget for that any more a a month later because you guys were sued for no snow . And with the ridiculously high price on JAL, will they late you fly there on it if it costs 30% more than say NH?
Budget will be finalised soon. I do know one thing. If I make the company a lot of money it will help lol.

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Didn't she mentioned about THE RING before? She told you what kind of ring she wants. You just don't get the hints
Nah not quite at that stage.
Simmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 5:06 am
  #41  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Good night guys!

Time to rest after an exciting night and I need some time to digest there might be a JALPak Jr. out there too
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 7:51 am
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,416
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
there might be a JALPak Jr. out there too
Are you secretly married or an oops
fumitani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 7:54 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,934
haha we were talking about the son of a friend of musashino22 who's in love with JAL in this thread
KIXman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 4:46 pm
  #44  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Budget will be finalised soon. I do know one thing. If I make the company a lot of money it will help lol.
But you also bring them lots of lawsuits

If you make them a lot of money, you probably don't need to use business travels to lower your JGC run cost
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 11, 4:47 pm
  #45  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
Are you secretly married or an oops
I wish
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread