Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

[JMB Sakura Lounge] The JAL Forum Conversational Thread

Reply

Old Jan 15, 11, 11:34 pm
  #16  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Very funny. The problem is the flying and drinking not the drinking bit. Actually i recall I was on a JAL plane when i was really sick too. Quite funny having someone banging on the toilet door trying to get you out which is only something i imagined you would see in the movies rather than RL.

Niseko is about as close as you will get. At the moment we are 97% full and it's the perfect time to come to see some Australians however by March there will be less people (same in Dec) and well it wont be so Australian fever.

You should note- a lot of the Australians that come are not English Australians but are originally from South East Asia so you might feel at home more than you think.

I hope I can goto CA as I want to catch up with a friend there and chill-ax in Disneyland as I need my Disney fix. I guess if i can combine it with my JGC run, I would be up for anything.
They must think you are a terrorist or doing something bad inside the lav. Were you banging the door from the inside or made some funny noises inside the lav? Now I kind of want to fly with you to the US and get you drunk before the flight. It will be fun to watch how the CAs react and how you get denied entry

No thanks I want to be surrounded by Australians not SE Asians If I go my first choice will be Perth not Sydney but most likely end up just going to Sydney

If you need a Disney fix, why not do it during your SFC MR? I forgot what you said when I suggested that during Hokkai-DO It's funny how I live in LA/HK which both have disney, but the only one I wanna go to is Tokyo's although I had been there a couple of times before.
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 11, 11:40 pm
  #17  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
So after attaining both SFC and JGC, how are you going to spend your miles, Simmo? For award travel or upgrade?
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 11, 8:44 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,854
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
It's funny how I live in LA/HK which both have disney, but the only one I wanna go to is Tokyo's although I had been there a couple of times before.
Whod want to go to those disneys when the tyo 1 is better,...
kaka is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 11, 11:54 am
  #19  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Whod want to go to those disneys when the tyo 1 is better,...
Exactly
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 11, 9:23 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,095
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
um...not sure if there are any good value ticket from LHR on JL. Maybe you should fly over the Atlantic on AA then start from there. Or just give up and don't do it at all
Fumitani suggested the same thing and I guess it is a good idea if I can get work to go along with it. As I said to Fumitani, I cannot rip work off.

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
They must think you are a terrorist or doing something bad inside the lav. Were you banging the door from the inside or made some funny noises inside the lav? Now I kind of want to fly with you to the US and get you drunk before the flight. It will be fun to watch how the CAs react and how you get denied entry

No thanks I want to be surrounded by Australians not SE Asians If I go my first choice will be Perth not Sydney but most likely end up just going to Sydney

If you need a Disney fix, why not do it during your SFC MR? I forgot what you said when I suggested that during Hokkai-DO It's funny how I live in LA/HK which both have disney, but the only one I wanna go to is Tokyo's although I had been there a couple of times before.
Tokyo is awesome but I want to see the real thing. I am resisting the urge to goto the one in Paris whilst I am there to goto see other more normal sites for the whole one day I am there for.

On a side note, I was not making any noise from the toilet.

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
So after attaining both SFC and JGC, how are you going to spend your miles, Simmo? For award travel or upgrade?
Not sure yet. First i need to achieve them. I am thinking maybe going to Machu Picchu but I think Eiko wants to go there for our honeymoon but that is the first I have heard about us getting married haha. I am sure you have some suggests as to the best way to use them.

Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Whod want to go to those disneys when the tyo 1 is better,...
I have been to Tokyo Disneyland 10 times and Sea 5 times however last year was the first year I have been to neither in a long time. Needless to say I think I have seen enough of both of these.
Simmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 12:54 am
  #21  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Fumitani suggested the same thing and I guess it is a good idea if I can get work to go along with it. As I said to Fumitani, I cannot rip work off.

Not sure yet. First i need to achieve them. I am thinking maybe going to Machu Picchu but I think Eiko wants to go there for our honeymoon but that is the first I have heard about us getting married haha. I am sure you have some suggests as to the best way to use them.
Now I am upset because you only ask fumitani for advice

Maybe next time we see Eiko she will be introduced as Mrs Simmo instead Sounds like she's giving you a big hint

KIXman probably has some good suggestions on how to use the upgrade points and miles. He's an expert on upgrade points
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 1:49 am
  #22  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
I have been to Tokyo Disneyland 10 times and Sea 5 times however last year was the first year I have been to neither in a long time. Needless to say I think I have seen enough of both of these.
Total of 15 times? Did you do this within a year Don't you get sick of it?

How about the Universal Studio in Osaka? Have you been there before? How about fumitani? Have you been to both in Osaka and LA? Any big differences between the two?
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 1:53 am
  #23  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,416
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Total of 15 times? Did you do this within a year Don't you get sick of it?

How about the Universal Studio in Osaka? Have you been there before? How about fumitani? Have you been to both in Osaka and LA? Any big differences between the two?
I have been to

Knotts Berry Farm
Tokyo Disneyland
Los Angeles Disneyland
DisneyWorld
Universal Studios LA
Universal Studios Osaka
Universal Studios Florida
Tokyo Disney Sea
Magic Mountain

Walked passed the entrance to Universal Studios Singapore
Didn't bother with Disney HK, never been to paris so that is out also
fumitani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 1:57 am
  #24  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
I have been to

Knotts Berry Farm
Tokyo Disneyland
Los Angeles Disneyland
DisneyWorld
Universal Studios LA
Universal Studios Osaka
Universal Studios Florida
Tokyo Disney Sea
Magic Mountain

Walked passed the entrance to Universal Studios Singapore
Didn't bother with Disney HK, never been to paris so that is out also
Maybe you should fly to CDG as part of your MR and visit the one in Paris too Oh they have good food there too if that helps
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 2:11 am
  #25  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UKB
Posts: 11,416
Looks like I might not fly JL again. Thanks to their ridiculous pricing!!!!!!!!! 120k now....If I booked last week it was 81k
fumitani is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 2:14 am
  #26  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
Looks like I might not fly JL again. Thanks to their ridiculous pricing!!!!!!!!! 120k now....If I booked last week it was 81k
Well cheap tickets gone fast. Didn't I tell you to book weeks ago? You just wouldn't listen
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 4:01 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,095
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Now I am upset because you only ask fumitani for advice

Maybe next time we see Eiko she will be introduced as Mrs Simmo instead Sounds like she's giving you a big hint

KIXman probably has some good suggestions on how to use the upgrade points and miles. He's an expert on upgrade points
Okay I shall talk to him. Maybe after I get the whole meet the parents thing all over I shall have a more positive outlook on our relationship. Baby steps for us.

With all due respect, I am a long way away from ticketing my JGC run so it's all just vague ideas at the moment however it is looking like last week of Oct being prime time for going to UK but once again I won't believe it until I see my departments budget signed off which will happen in a couple of weeks at which point I will get more serious about routing etc.

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Total of 15 times? Did you do this within a year Don't you get sick of it?

How about the Universal Studio in Osaka? Have you been there before? How about fumitani? Have you been to both in Osaka and LA? Any big differences between the two?
I have been to Disneyworld when I was 15 y/o which was fun but i hardly remember anything. I have been to USJ twice and happened to go during Golden Week which I will never ever ever ever ever do again.

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Maybe you should fly to CDG as part of your MR and visit the one in Paris too Oh they have good food there too if that helps
I don't think so. I shall probably just get my Disney fix in LA and give up for the rest of the year. If things go well in the next couple of years I will be moving to Tokyo and I will just get an annual pass which should allow me to in one year get rid of my whole Disney thinking forever... either that or cement it.
Simmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 7:43 pm
  #28  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
Okay I shall talk to him. Maybe after I get the whole meet the parents thing all over I shall have a more positive outlook on our relationship. Baby steps for us.
I have no idea
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 8:28 pm
  #29  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,352
KIXman, you have too much time Go find more ways to spend your "expiring" miles
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 11, 8:44 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,934
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
KIXman, you have too much time Go find more ways to spend your "expiring" miles
Oh you mean the logo? I'm on my lunch break!
KIXman is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: