Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Rumor: JAL considers changing the logo, possibly bring back the Tsurumaru!

Old Jul 31, 10, 10:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold

http://megalodon.jp/2010-0801-0258-0...jp/news/133717

Basically they are saying JAL is considering changing the logo and some people suggests bringing back to old Tsurumaru logo. There are pros and cons of switching back to the old logo but the biggest problem is that it will cost a lot of money to change the logos. The bankers most likely will think that's a waste of money...
Old Aug 1, 10, 3:34 pm

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
...The bankers most likely will think that's a waste of money...
I kind of want to agree with the bankers... I mean, the current logo works fine and doesn't it symbolise more Jap nationalism than the Tsurumaru? Plus if JAL keeps changing its logos, won't they be likely to confuse new pax or people who have just start to get to know JAL? Well anyways, I likes them red arc of sun, looks beautiful in its minimalistic style when they all line up nicely at NRT
Old Aug 1, 10, 8:30 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Well people said the new logo will bring new image and symbolizes it's revival. But somehow they consider using the old logo maybe cuz that reminds them of JAL's good old days.

It will take them forever to repaint all the planes anyway. They finally repainted the last tsurumaru 2 years ago. So the arc of sun will stay for a while even if they devided to change the logo once again.
Old Aug 1, 10, 11:00 pm
Suspended

As far as the 777s are concerned, it's probably a good idea to just leave those planes white for the time being. All they should do right now is to add two blue lines, a thin lighter one and a thick one that is darker-blue and that is mounting all the way up the tail.

This way, come October, all they need to do is change the name on the tail and on the front of the aircraft.

This will make the transition not only quicker; but also soooo much smoother - which seems to be the major worry of all involved.

Old Aug 2, 10, 2:05 pm

It's not really a rumor but more like an editorial commentary to me.

Search this Thread