Wiki Posts
Search

JAL 001/002 Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
JAL 001/002 Question

Hi, I was wondering since JAL 001/002 will be switching to SFO-HND pending approval, will the aircraft and classes be changed also? Will F still have the new suites? I checked JAL's website and it just said it will be 777-200/300... so I'm not sure what it will mean.
Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by glu800
Hi, I was wondering since JAL 001/002 will be switching to SFO-HND pending approval, will the aircraft and classes be changed also? Will F still have the new suites? I checked JAL's website and it just said it will be 777-200/300... so I'm not sure what it will mean.
Thanks!
No more F service on JL001/002 after the switch to HND.

By the way, JAL removes the notice of the US flights are subject to regulatory approval from the American region site...not sure if that means those have been approved.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Oh man, that's too bad I was really hoping to try the F suites from SFO next spring.

So will the only West Coast destination with F suites be LAX from then on?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

I still see the "pending govt approval" once I go to the select flight page. Also, how come I can still choose first class seats for the SFO-HND flights thru next April? Odd.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:11 pm

I still see the "pending govt approval" once I go to the select flight page. Also, how come I can still choose first class seats for the SFO-HND flights thru next April? Odd.
I did random search in dec and I m not seeing F tickets availability. The aircraft does not even has F seats. But the pending approval note is still there. The notice I referred to is the on e JAL put on their American region front page. That one is gone.

Which site u used to search for F seats? I used JAL Japan site.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
No more F service on JL001/002 after the switch to HND.

By the way, JAL removes the notice of the US flights are subject to regulatory approval from the American region site...not sure if that means those have been approved.
You are right, no more First class to SFO. Where will they deploy the aircrafts ( with new onboard products) used to SFO? will they use them to Europe? any insight on this will be appreciated.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by tokyolyon
You are right, no more First class to SFO. Where will they deploy the aircrafts ( with new onboard products) used to SFO? will they use them to Europe? any insight on this will be appreciated.
Hehe...JAL needs one extra 773 to deploy this to LHR or CDG. I m not sure if they are taking any more 773 deliveries at the moment. They were scheduled to take more this fall but do they need that anymore?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi JALPak, I saw that F was still available in April 2011 using the North American JAL site. I search for flights using the Business/First option, then when the list of available flights come up, I can choose F (the price is different too). Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Also, do you know if LAX will still have F since they will still be flying to NRT?
Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:14 pm

Hi JALPak, I saw that F was still available in April 2011 using the North American JAL site. Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Also, do you know if LAX will still have F since they will still be flying to NRT?
Thanks!
Yes, they will definitely keep F on JL061/062 (at least for now). I personally don't think F is in danger for this route.

JAL North America site's booking engine hasn't been updated. I always trust the Japan one if there are conflicts. If you try to book the flight and select the seat, you will see the seats assigned is a business class seat on a 772 (well, at least you will see it if you know JAL configs as well as I do )
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Cool, thanks for the info! Looks like I will have to route thru LAX to experience the suites next year then
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:31 am

Hehe...JAL needs one extra 773 to deploy this to LHR or CDG. I m not sure if they are taking any more 773 deliveries at the moment. They were scheduled to take more this fall but do they need that anymore?
Looks like JAL has canceled its remaining 773 orders. So no more scheduled 773 deliveries. You will only see JAL Suites make it to Europe when JAL reconfigure the older 773
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:42 am

OK I finally find out where the SFO 777-300ER is going...

JAL starts FIRST class service to Jarkata on Oct 31 2010

Sorry folks at LHR and CDG, looks like you guys have to wait a bit longer

Last edited by JALPak; Aug 2, 2010 at 2:15 am
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK I finally find out where the SFO 777-300ER is going...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...31-2010-a.html

Sorry folks at LHR and CDG, looks like you guys have to wait a bit longer
That is a waste of aircraft. They should have deployed to BKK or SIN. It should generate more revenue.

I guess JAL doesn't have any good management anymore
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by fumitani
That is a waste of aircraft. They should have deployed to BKK or SIN. It should generate more revenue.

I guess JAL doesn't have any good management anymore
I guess if they cut one of the three daily Tokyo-BKK flight, then they might be able to do that...But it's a JO flight, that might be another reason why JAL not using this on BKK.

But I am surprised to see this goes to CGK too...I would rather see them use this on LHR or CDG, even if it is for alternate dates only...But I guess CGK works better for their aircraft routing
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess if they cut one of the three daily Tokyo-BKK flight, then they might be able to do that...But it's a JO flight, that might be another reason why JAL not using this on BKK.

But I am surprised to see this goes to CGK too...I would rather see them use this on LHR or CDG, even if it is for alternate dates only...But I guess CGK works better for their aircraft routing
It's really sad how much JAL is downsizing now. They are flying the same routes or even less routes than NH starting W10 schedule

Look at KIX!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.