Equipment Change Shell flat to Skyluxe

Old Jul 22, 10, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Equipment Change Shell flat to Skyluxe

On a future reservation my plane got changed to the lovel 767, now i am in a Skyluxe seat booked with a miles upgrade. Anyone who has flown JAL knows these are crumbs compared to their Shell especially their Neo. Does JAL do anything for the customer in this case? Or am i stuck in crap seat for 7 hours.
Old Jul 22, 10, 4:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zxsuxr View Post
On a future reservation my plane got changed to the lovel 767, now i am in a Skyluxe seat booked with a miles upgrade. Anyone who has flown JAL knows these are crumbs compared to their Shell especially their Neo. Does JAL do anything for the customer in this case? Or am i stuck in crap seat for 7 hours.
Probably not. You are not alone, those who paid for the business class seats with money are on the same boat...Maybe you can talk them into canceling your upgrade without charging you 3,000 miles or USD30...but I wouldn't count on it
Old Jul 29, 10, 10:07 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
...Or am i stuck in crap seat for 7 hours.
It's not a crap seat per se...I mean it might not be the same as what you were expecting, but the service/food is probably going to be the same standard, just watch out for the IFE if the screen is in your armrest, makes your tray a bit awkward when your food is served, but otherwise, its not bad, definitely not crap.

I usually get more sleep on those seats because they're so comfy and come with more padding (like a couch) compared to most other J seats (on other airline as well).
Old Jul 30, 10, 2:21 pm

Programs: OZ*G
I flew the Skyluxe seat first on the YVR-NRT, and figured it was only a bit better than economy, trying the Shell Flat a few months later, it was like night and day. Even though it is not true lie flat, it is much more comfortable..

Can you do a re-route?

Search this Thread