JAL Seating 777-300 ER (772)

Old May 16, 10, 10:37 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 1,823
JAL Seating 777-300 ER (772)

ORD/NRT flight 009 777-300 ER

Does anyone know what's' up with Business Class row 11,12,13 - A/B or H/K two seaters with window?

seatguru has it as a regular seat

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jap...77-300ER_C.php

BUT

seatexpert has row 11 without a window.

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/389/Ja...ORD-NRT-1255-/


Row 7 is open, but people might be hanging around for the lavatories.

Thanks, Jon
zznoname is offline  
Old May 16, 10, 10:43 pm
  #2  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by zznoname View Post
ORD/NRT flight 009 777-300 ER

Does anyone know what's' up with Business Class row 11,12,13 - A/B or H/K two seaters with window?

seatguru has it as a regular seat

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jap...77-300ER_C.php

BUT

seatexpert has row 11 without a window.

http://seatexpert.com/seatmap/389/Ja...ORD-NRT-1255-/


Row 7 is open, but people might be hanging around for the lavatories.

Thanks, Jon
Title says 772....but I assume that's a typo

7 is a bulkhead...a lot of the improvements of the NEO seats are at the back of the seat, which is missing in bulkhead seats...it might matter to someone...and it's also where the baby basinet is...

If you can wait, I will check out row 11's window for you in a few weeks
JALPak is offline  
Old May 16, 10, 10:47 pm
  #3  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Actually no need to wait...yes, there's a window missing...I just check the pictures of the 773 I took at NRT during my last trip...
JALPak is offline  
Old May 16, 10, 11:14 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 1,823
OK, so seatguru missed somthing "important". Glad I moved backed to 12.

Way to go JALPak, your are most definitely the source for JAL information. And in this case, thanks for the quick reply, the seats are filling in. Also, thank you for digging in on a Sunday night looking for JAL 773 photos. Hope you have a great photo organizing system.
zznoname is offline  
Old May 16, 10, 11:32 pm
  #5  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by zznoname View Post
OK, so seatguru missed somthing "important". Glad I moved backed to 12.

Way to go JALPak, your are most definitely the source for JAL information. And in this case, thanks for the quick reply, the seats are filling in. Also, thank you for digging in on a Sunday night looking for JAL 773 photos. Hope you have a great photo organizing system.
Actually you can just go to my blog...the plane in the banner is the 773 You can clearly see the missing windows...I have other pictures that shows the same...and by helping you, I found out 2 windows are missing in row 6...but I want the mini-cabin...so I am not changing my seat and this will be my first time to have a regular NEO seat

row 12!?...I hope seatexpert is right in the exact location of the window/seat....
JALPak is offline  
Old May 17, 10, 6:33 pm
  #6  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
I thought you are flying JAL F...how come now it's in C now You do know this is an angled flat bed but it's good for couple flying together while CX's is truly flat but narrow and not good for couple flying together
JALPak is offline  
Old May 17, 10, 9:57 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 1,823
We're flying U, business award. F is not available in July (last time I checked) so we took F in August HKG/YYZ/ORD getting to HKG on our own dime.

Yeah, seat angled, but it will be nice sitting together. I'm interested in the "bottomless" food serving thing.

There are plates that are available on demand throughout the flight (after serving). Can I try them all?

Last edited by zznoname; May 17, 10 at 10:12 pm
zznoname is offline  
Old May 17, 10, 10:06 pm
  #8  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by zznoname View Post
We're flying U, business award. F is not available in July (last time I checked) so we took F in August HKG/YYZ/ORD getting to HKG on our own dime.

Yeah, seat angled, but it will be nice sitting together. I'm interested in the "bottomless" food serving thing.

There are plates that are available on deman throughout the flight (after serving). Can I try them all?
Absolutely!

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/fsd/

As advertised on the Free Style Dining page, "Please order what you like, when you like, as often as you like from a menu featuring a selection of 10 delicious Japanese and Western dishes!" But of course, if the item runs out during the flight, you won't be able to order it anymore
JALPak is offline  
Old May 17, 10, 10:16 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 1,823
Now that was a good link. Thanks.
zznoname is offline  
Old May 18, 10, 4:25 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DCA, IAD, or BWI
Programs: AA Platinum Pro, UA Gold MM, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 81
My wife and I flew on JL009 on Business Class award tickets as part of a DCA-ORD-NRT-DPS routing this past February. On the outbound we were in seats 6H/6K, which were very nice. The private feel of the mini cabin is nice. Plus, yours truly strolled back to the self service bar area for a drink a couple of times during the flight. On the return we were in bulkhead seats 14H/14K. The drawback with the bulkhead is that the video screen is not as good as the seatback ones. Overall the service was very polite and the food was pretty good. Wines were very drinkable and the aircraft is fantastic. Enjoy!
Shamrock 105 is offline  
Old May 18, 10, 4:45 pm
  #11  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by Shamrock 105 View Post
My wife and I flew on JL009 on Business Class award tickets as part of a DCA-ORD-NRT-DPS routing this past February. On the outbound we were in seats 6H/6K, which were very nice. The private feel of the mini cabin is nice. Plus, yours truly strolled back to the self service bar area for a drink a couple of times during the flight. On the return we were in bulkhead seats 14H/14K. The drawback with the bulkhead is that the video screen is not as good as the seatback ones. Overall the service was very polite and the food was pretty good. Wines were very drinkable and the aircraft is fantastic. Enjoy!
So you were not bothered by the missing windows in row 6 at all?
JALPak is offline  
Old May 18, 10, 8:26 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: DCA, IAD, or BWI
Programs: AA Platinum Pro, UA Gold MM, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 81
It's not as bad as you think. Plus, after several glasses of Piper-Heidsieck I didn't care too much. Seriously, there is a window in the row - it's just not very visible for the person in the aisle seat. Additionally, the nose camera provides a great view of takeoff and landing!
Shamrock 105 is offline  
Old May 18, 10, 8:49 pm
  #13  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by Shamrock 105 View Post
It's not as bad as you think. Plus, after several glasses of Piper-Heidsieck I didn't care too much. Seriously, there is a window in the row - it's just not very visible for the person in the aisle seat. Additionally, the nose camera provides a great view of takeoff and landing!
Yup I would rather sit in the mini cabin behind F w/ 2 missing windows than in the main cabin or the mini cabin in front of PY
JALPak is offline  
Old May 23, 10, 4:03 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Japan--NGO
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Yup I would rather sit in the mini cabin behind F w/ 2 missing windows than in the main cabin or the mini cabin in front of PY
I agree, except...

My son and I were once offered a move from up front to the back section of Exec. class. Why did we go? Because there were only 2 other passengers in that section. We had (essentially) our own private flight attendant and didn't have to worry too much about my 2 yr old being, well, a 2 yr old.

So, if C class is relatively full, go for the front. If one section is empty, you can have a very nice experience there, too.
whkento is offline  
Old May 29, 10, 8:58 am
  #15  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by whkento View Post
I agree, except...

My son and I were once offered a move from up front to the back section of Exec. class. Why did we go? Because there were only 2 other passengers in that section. We had (essentially) our own private flight attendant and didn't have to worry too much about my 2 yr old being, well, a 2 yr old.

So, if C class is relatively full, go for the front. If one section is empty, you can have a very nice experience there, too.
That's probably why they moved you in the first place...noisy kid
JALPak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread