Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Does anyone in North America have a JALCard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Hey Guys

As a flyer of JAL, I've always noticed on their Mileage Bank guide and website where it says "to be a eligible, cardholder must have a bank account in Japan."

Although i do have a bank account in Japan, that seems like a hassle to support. I do have a no annual fee credit card with Starwood, so I do get my JAL miles this way. But was wondering does anyone actually carry this card?
JALPAK maybe you?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:46 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MaHa
Hey Guys

As a flyer of JAL, I've always noticed on their Mileage Bank guide and website where it says "to be a eligible, cardholder must have a bank account in Japan."

Although i do have a bank account in Japan, that seems like a hassle to support. I do have a no annual fee credit card with Starwood, so I do get my JAL miles this way. But was wondering does anyone actually carry this card?
JALPAK maybe you?
I wish I qualify but unfortunately as a foreigner, I can't even open a bank account in Japan I was hoping JALCard will be bought by one of the major banks that has a branch in the US and they will start offering JALCard here

But I do have the Premio Card, which costs USD100 (70 CC annual fee + 30 JALFC annual fee) per year and you will get 1 mile per USD spent.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:34 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
One more thing though, if you have JGC I would recommend getting the JALCard. In case you lose your JMB status, having a JALCard will give you 35% sector bonus. I think even without JGC, you still get some flight bonus which you won't get from the Premio card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.