JAL027/028

Old Mar 22, 10, 9:55 am
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
JAL027/028

Now that the "scheduled chartered" seem to have upgraded to scheduled service (or not?...) will I get all the normal post-breakfast Sakes on HKG-HND?
More cheekier, can I ask for some to sneak off the plane? (or else I'd ask for 2 from the beginning)

On a more serious note, do I have to recheck bags if i'm connecting to a domestic flight after alighting @ HND?

Also, should i be expecting Japanese crew on this flight?
kaka is offline  
Old Mar 22, 10, 10:03 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: BA Silver, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott SL
Posts: 3,590
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I think before the new international terminal @ HND opens, you still need to haul your luggage from the miniature international terminal and recheck the domestic sector.
ChrisLi is offline  
Old Mar 22, 10, 10:10 am
  #3  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
oh tahnks. so that gives me better logistical plans to steal alcohol. (i just figure they are reasonable choices to let my european friend try out japanese alcohol without needing to make any decisions. Afterall I'm not half a pro in that side of things)

1 LAST thing (i hope), which lounge am i using in HK? I guess, CX (before last CX flight leaves) or Traveller's?
kaka is offline  
Old Mar 22, 10, 11:46 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: BA Silver, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott SL
Posts: 3,590
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
oh tahnks. so that gives me better logistical plans to steal alcohol. (i just figure they are reasonable choices to let my european friend try out japanese alcohol without needing to make any decisions. Afterall I'm not half a pro in that side of things)

1 LAST thing (i hope), which lounge am i using in HK? I guess, CX (before last CX flight leaves) or Traveller's?
I am not sure for that as I never an elite and never tried J on that speific flight.

The default at JAL says traveler's longue only unless OW elite rule kicks in.

When I took that flight last year I saw HK girls and JP ladies, and they have the JAL wine inflight, I think I saw sake as well but never asked.
ChrisLi is offline  
Old Mar 22, 10, 3:13 pm
  #5  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Yes, you will be using the travelers' lounge. You can only go to the CX lounges if you have OW Sapphire or above...

For other JAL flights, non-elite passengers are invited to the Sakura lounge. But the Sakura lounge is closed long before the HND flight and therefore you have to use the travelers' lounge

There are definitely Japanese crew members on this flight
JALPak is online now  
Old Mar 22, 10, 7:03 pm
  #6  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Yes, you will be using the travelers' lounge. You can only go to the CX lounges if you have OW Sapphire or above...

For other JAL flights, non-elite passengers are invited to the Sakura lounge. But the Sakura lounge is closed long before the HND flight and therefore you have to use the travelers' lounge

There are definitely Japanese crew members on this flight
Chris got me. what i wanted to know is if there are MK crew there. but it's JAL so i hope even if there are HK Crew they are from greater HK not MK.

re: lounge. if i'm on biz dont i get to CX's regardless? (and what gate is this flight usually on?)
kaka is offline  
Old Mar 22, 10, 7:33 pm
  #7  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Chris got me. what i wanted to know is if there are MK crew there. but it's JAL so i hope even if there are HK Crew they are from greater HK not MK.

re: lounge. if i'm on biz dont i get to CX's regardless? (and what gate is this flight usually on?)
Nope! As I pointed out, JAL has its own Sakura Lounge at HKG. Therefore non-elite C/F passengers on JAL flights go to Sakura Lounge. But since the Sakura Lounge is closes at 16:00, JAL outsource the lounge service of the HND flight to the Travelers' Lounge.

By MK, did you mean MongKok? I am not aware of any airlines that hire crews with the stereotype MK look. But yes, there are HK based crew on all ex-HKG JAL flights. And do I prefer Japanese cabin attendants over HK CA? Yes on any given day. IMHO they are not as professional as the Japanese CAs but they are still good when compared to other airlines.
JALPak is online now  
Old Mar 23, 10, 10:54 am
  #8  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
I thought it's the OneWorld rule that all F/J lounges (in principle) are open to all F/J pax flying Oneworld. At least CX is the last airline I'd be worried in letting me in under this rule , but yea, I know the JAL lounge for this flight is the Travellers' Lounge.

re: MK FAs. It's an urban mith that when CX started hiring most HKG-based crew from HK, the crew base turned into having this kind of MK behavior. Maybe I was generalizing 1 step too much for ALL system-wide HK cabin crew, my apologies
kaka is offline  
Old Mar 23, 10, 8:46 pm
  #9  
formerly ssw207
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, SQ*S, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
Posts: 656
CX Pier & Wing are closed by the time HND flights depart. The Traveller's lounge is horrible.
ffs852 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 10, 9:10 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: BA Silver, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott SL
Posts: 3,590
Originally Posted by ssw207 View Post
CX Pier & Wing are closed by the time HND flights depart. The Traveller's lounge is horrible.
Well .. traveler's lounge is not that bad, the gate 40 one that most credit card use provide basic features. Not to mention JAL now uses the new flagship paid lounge near gate 1 which should be nice. It's the biggest paid one in the world LOL.

http://www.plaza-ppl.com/hk_en/lounge_ttle.php
ChrisLi is offline  
Old Mar 23, 10, 9:25 pm
  #11  
formerly ssw207
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, SQ*S, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
Posts: 656
Originally Posted by ChrisLi View Post
Well .. traveler's lounge is not that bad, the gate 40 one that most credit card use provide basic features. Not to mention JAL now uses the new flagship paid lounge near gate 1 which should be nice. It's the biggest paid one in the world LOL.

http://www.plaza-ppl.com/hk_en/lounge_ttle.php
The one at gate 40 was filthy with sticky spilled drinks all over, no food at all because the staff cant be bothered to refill. This was in December 2009.
ffs852 is offline  
Old Mar 23, 10, 11:19 pm
  #12  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
I thought it's the OneWorld rule that all F/J lounges (in principle) are open to all F/J pax flying Oneworld. At least CX is the last airline I'd be worried in letting me in under this rule , but yea, I know the JAL lounge for this flight is the Travellers' Lounge.

re: MK FAs. It's an urban mith that when CX started hiring most HKG-based crew from HK, the crew base turned into having this kind of MK behavior. Maybe I was generalizing 1 step too much for ALL system-wide HK cabin crew, my apologies
Oh you are RIGHT! I didn't know until now

But during part of 2009, JAL switches from the OW lounge to Eva Lounge at LAX. And their website specifically says business class passengers are invited to use the Eva Lounge. And people were turned away from the OW lounge and were told to use the Eva one instead.

So if you arrive early, behind the Wing and Pier close, you could give it a try. But since JAL website specifically says the Travelers' Lounge, don't be surprised if you were turned away. But you can print out the OW rules and argue with them if you wish
JALPak is online now  
Old Mar 26, 10, 8:45 pm
  #13  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
1 more question (they never stop from me, lol!)
according to http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/topics/2003_06/ I'm entitled to use the lounge in HND T1?
According to the Japan FT page I was rec'ed to have breakfast at the breadshop in T2 (is it in unrestricted area?) I guess a short walk back to T1 and I'd still have some time for the lounge? Or is it even worth the time there?
kaka is offline  
Old Mar 30, 10, 12:28 pm
  #14  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
i know, the place is at the dark side, but can anyone point me to Mt. Thabor in Haneda? :S...
kaka is offline  
Old Mar 30, 10, 12:34 pm
  #15  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 15,056
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
i know, the place is at the dark side, but can anyone point me to Mt. Thabor in Haneda? :S...
Why don't you ask the dark side I can tell you where Blue Sky stores are
JALPak is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread