FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   JAL accommodation for layover in NRT? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1053847-jal-accommodation-layover-nrt.html)

mitchchenster Feb 19, 2010 11:19 am

JAL accommodation for layover in NRT?

Hi all,

I am looking to book a round trip JFK-NRT-TPE. Somehow from JAL website, they only show connection to JL6, instead of JL48. That means an overnight layover is needed in NRT. So the question is if JAL still offer hotel accommodation? And which one? It seems I have some mixed info between JAL and TAs.

I appreciate your help in advance :)

JALPak Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by mitchchenster (Post 13422067)
Hi all,

I am looking to book a round trip JFK-NRT-TPE. Somehow from JAL website, they only show connection to JL6, instead of JL48. That means an overnight layover is needed in NRT. So the question is if JAL still offer hotel accommodation? And which one? It seems I have some mixed info between JAL and TAs.

I appreciate your help in advance :)

I could be wrong but I don't think JAL provides hotel for overnight connection if a same day connection is possible. Since you can make a same day connection with JL006, I don't think JAL will provide you hotel for the night. If they do, of course it will be Hotel Nikko Narita :p

Also, why take the ancient 744 (JL048) while you have a much better 773 (JL006) with new seats, updated AVOD IFE with 130 channels! OK unless you want to upper deck :P

motytrah Feb 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Is that limited to just J and F?

rownada Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Will FRA-NRT-JFK on JL408 and JL006 qualify? There is no evening departure on JL metal scheduled on the night my JL408 arrives into NRT...

Will free hotel night be available for F redemption booked in Z class?

Black Adder Feb 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah (Post 13422662)
Is that limited to just J and F?

Nope, I've been put up at the Hotel Nikko while on a coach ticket.

Black Adder Feb 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by rownada (Post 13423725)

I asked once while planning a J award, the answer was no.

JALPak Feb 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by rownada (Post 13423725)
Will FRA-NRT-JFK on JL408 and JL006 qualify? There is no evening departure on JL metal scheduled on the night my JL408 arrives into NRT...

Why are you flying to JFK via NRT? Just because you want to fly to JFK on JL? :p

rownada Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 13428648)
Why are you flying to JFK via NRT? Just because you want to fly to JFK on JL? :p

Oh because i am bored and want to try the japanese meal. :p
Do you think i can have the main meal in F toward the end of the flight (still fresh after 10 hours?) and have caviar + western dessert at the beginning?

Are there normally lots of op-ups into F (from J etc) given the cabin in Y is so small compared to those offered by AA on the same route?

Tak Feb 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by rownada (Post 13429583)
Oh because i am bored and want to try the japanese meal. :p
Do you think i can have the main meal in F toward the end of the flight (still fresh after 10 hours?) and have caviar + western dessert at the beginning?

Are there normally lots of op-ups into F (from J etc) given the cabin in Y is so small compared to those offered by AA on the same route?

What kind of ticket(fare) you have?
Do you use RTW or just simple round trip?.
I do not think there is simple round trip fare between Europe and USA via Japan.