Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Passport does not match plane ticket (Need Help)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I are flying from Chicago to Tokyo on American. We then switch to JAL and continue our trip to Bangkok. The problem we have is that her passport reads Maria Teresa Gold and her airline ticket (using my frequent flyer miles for her ticket) reads Teresa Gold. I called American and they sent JAL an email requesting that they change the name. They responded that the ticket needs to be rebooked. The problem is that there is no more space available using frequent flyer miles to rebook. The women on the phone at American asked her help desk on next steps. They recommended that we go on the trip the way the ticket is booked. They said the worst case scenario is that my wife is turned away in Bangkok customs but that was unlikely. I also called JAL direct and they put a note in her file about the correct name but did not change the ticket. Here are my questions:

1) Has anyone else had this issue and if so was customs or the airlines a problem?
2) Will she have a problem getting through security?
3) Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
4) We are flying Bangkok Air from Bangkok to Koh Samui. Will this be an issue?5) Will we have a problem with JAL going to Bangkok or on the return?

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Since this is being discussed in the American Airlines forum, and the tickets were issued by American, please continue the discussion in that existing thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...need-help.html

Regards
Gary
aka gleff
Senior moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.