Wiki Posts
Search

JL 405/406 F class NRT-CDG-NRT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
JL 405/406 F class NRT-CDG-NRT

I have flown last December NRT-CDG and this early January CDG-NRT on an award F ticket with AA miles.
Glad I did as they might not be in the Oneworld for long

Load was 5 on 9 on both legs the cabin is 3 rows of 3 single solo seats.
I had 3A on both legs (window as is 1A)

The solo seats are ok but lack space for small personal items
I slept very well on both legs after the first main meal (lunch going and dinner coming back)

Drinks selection on both legs was very good with an outstanding Bourgogne Volnay 1er Cru (it will be out before end of January)

Main meal menu is less elaborate than NH's but JL makes up for it with their a la carte options on the nay time menu.

Service was typical Japanese on both legs. It was a while since I flew JAL and it struck me that most FA's were lets say very mature compared ot NH....
They also lost their superiority look they had in the good old days, I am sure it must be hard for the staff of JAL at this time

The cabin wear is of very good quality and you can keep it
The amenity kit is standard with a men and ladies version of Shiseido cosmetics

The lounge in CDG is the business class lounge of AF but they cordon off a section for JL's F class passengers

Bags were first on belt quite quickly on both legs

Very pleasant way to travel.....

Now I am off to HNL on CI 'cheap' F class
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:01 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JackR
Service was typical Japanese on both legs. It was a while since I flew JAL and it struck me that most FA's were lets say very mature compared ot NH....

They also lost their superiority look they had in the good old days, I am sure it must be hard for the staff of JAL at this time
Glad that you enjoyed your recent JAL flights By mature did you mean the look

I am sure it's a really tough time for all JAL staff right now but I really appreciate their professionalism. That's one of the reasons that makes JAL
my #1 choice
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Glad that you enjoyed your recent JAL flights By mature did you mean the look

I am sure it's a really tough time for all JAL staff right now but I really appreciate their professionalism. That's one of the reasons that makes JAL
my #1 choice
By mature I meant tending towards the likes of UA rather than NH

They were as you say very professional and meant for a very pleasant adult atmosphere in the cabin rather than the more youngish giggles we get on NH
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:55 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by JackR
The lounge in CDG is the business class lounge of AF but they cordon off a section for JL's F class passengers
Is there special food/beverage for JL's F class passengers, different of AF's passengers ?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G_G
Is there special food/beverage for JL's F class passengers, different of AF's passengers ?
Nothing special as far as food/beverage goes.
Some newspapers and magazines in Japanese.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.