Wiki Posts
Search

JAL incident in HND impacting Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
JAL incident in HND impacting Delta

Most of us have heard by now a landing JAL A350 collided with a Japan Air Force DeHavilland Dash 8 at HND last night. Both aircraft burned to the ground, everyone on the 350 survived but 5 perished from the Q300. Delta 276 was holding and next in line for the same runway. Pax unfortunately had a view of the entire thing. DL276 later canceled.

Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Apart from the cancellations (which, I assume have been addressed by now, much like they are during other temporary airport suspensions of operations), how is this relevant to Delta?
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Apart from the cancellations (which, I assume have been addressed by now, much like they are during other temporary airport suspensions of operations), how is this relevant to Delta?
Haneda just reopened a couple hours ago. It was closed for awhile.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this is a screenshot of the current (1530PST) Google Maps satellite view

I know Maxar generates tons of satellite images, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that Google massages a lot of them to generate what their website displays, but I’m perplexed by the two partial aircraft … the distorted one (that looks like an ANA 787) at the intersection of 34R and the taxiway just past the touchdown zone markings, and the A350 (aft fuselage and outer left wing) facing south on the ramp to the west of the parallel taxiway
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
That's a common AI map generation thing. There was a thread somewhere on here about DTW having Luftansa branded A220s parked at the gates because that is what the AI decided they should be.
moondog and bpe like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.