FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Selecting seats on JAL when booked as AA codeshare (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1031016-selecting-seats-jal-when-booked-aa-codeshare.html)

aschuett Jun 11, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by scottlmoore111 (Post 28232434)
Is there a brave soul who wants to book a flight on American, get the JAL PNR, try to select a seat at JAL's website and then cancel the flight -just to see if you can do it?

Why cancel?! ;)

ronin98syu Jul 5, 2017 6:38 pm

Just booked a trip as AA code share with JL metals (4 out of 6 flights.) I class on all segments. Called AA for the JL PNR and got it. Tried to select seats on jal.com (both North America and Japan sites), but I can only see two AA flights on JL's website. All 4 JL flights are missing from my itinerary. Called JL and the agent told me that they couldn't select seats for me, and advised me to contact AA. Called AA and got all my seats assigned. Here comes my next question, whom do I call to reserve my meals 30 days out of my travel? Thanks.

JALPak Jul 5, 2017 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ronin98syu (Post 28524417)
Just booked a trip as AA code share with JL metals (4 out of 6 flights.) I class on all segments. Called AA for the JL PNR and got it. Tried to select seats on jal.com (both North America and Japan sites), but I can only see two AA flights on JL's website. All 4 JL flights are missing from my itinerary. Called JL and the agent told me that they couldn't select seats for me, and advised me to contact AA. Called AA and got all my seats assigned. Here comes my next question, whom do I call to reserve my meals 30 days out of my travel? Thanks.

You can't reserve your business class meal on AA coded flights operated by JL. Only can do it if flights are JL coded.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...l/meal_yoyaku/

The in-flight meal reservation service is not available in the following situations:

The passenger has booked codeshare flights operated by JAL but bearing a flight number of another airline

ronin98syu Jul 5, 2017 9:37 pm

Tant pis :-(

ronin98syu Jul 5, 2017 9:38 pm

But thank you JALPak for the info

mster Aug 25, 2017 10:33 am

Is the T-72 for online check-in / seat selection a per segment requirement?

I just checked in for my upcoming JL flight and was able to select seats for my first segment (T-72 JFK-NRT) but not my continuing flight (T->72 NRT-SIN).

mster Aug 26, 2017 7:54 am

Originally Posted by mster (Post 28735104)
Is the T-72 for online check-in / seat selection a per segment requirement?

I just checked in for my upcoming JL flight and was able to select seats for my first segment (T-72 JFK-NRT) but not my continuing flight (T->72 NRT-SIN).

The answer is that seat selection is available T-72 for each individual segment so if you want the best seats on all of your flights in an itinerary you'll have to go through the seat selection process separately for each segment.

jix Dec 8, 2017 10:17 am

Is JL O class not available for advance seat selection? It's JL coded so not code share and I remember seeing it listed on their webpage in the wiki before but since the web domain transition I can't find that page anymore.

werDrD Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Have JL PNR booked as AA codeshare. I was able to select seats via call to AA. When I enter my information on the JAL website it says cannot find the reservation. But it shows up as ticketed on my AA account. Is there likely an issue on the JAL side related to the PSS transition?

EVA Air Dec 16, 2017 9:07 am

Originally Posted by werDrD (Post 29162737)
Have JL PNR booked as AA codeshare. I was able to select seats via call to AA. When I enter my information on the JAL website it says cannot find the reservation. But it shows up as ticketed on my AA account. Is there likely an issue on the JAL side related to the PSS transition?

For me, it worked when I entered the AA-coded flight number instead of the JL-coded flight number.

tomj888 Jan 5, 2018 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by eva air (Post 29181231)
for me, it worked when i entered the aa-coded flight number instead of the jl-coded flight number.

this did not work for me today. Why is it such a pain in the a-- to deal with jal

pcharles Jan 10, 2018 3:18 am

Six segments now, a combination of Z and U class, 4 different PNRs, all AA tkt stock and JL codeshare PNRs. I've been successful assigning seats for all JAL segments >60days pre-departure using JAL's website manage booking. Unfortunately the preferred/JMB elite seats (ie, 787-8 windows) are blocked which I expected, but all other seats that are unoccupied are assignable by individual segments. Using other available tools I can see which seats are occupied and which are simply carrier blocked. I'm fine with where I am, but I'd like to know for my own regard when they they open blocked seats. At T-72 I will attempt to move and assign to one of the currently preferred blocked seats, and reattempt again at T-24 if unsuccessful at T-72

aglp2k Feb 13, 2018 12:23 pm

FWIW, I have an upcoming trip DFW-SAN-NRT-SAN-DFW with all AA flight numbers. To choose seats on JL codeshare flights on JAL website, I had to enter JL PNR (provided by AA), AA flight number and also enter first and middle name in the first name field to pull up the itinerary to choose seats.

SJC AA Feb 14, 2018 10:44 am

Originally Posted by aglp2k (Post 29412157)
FWIW, I have an upcoming trip DFW-SAN-NRT-SAN-DFW with all AA flight numbers. To choose seats on JL codeshare flights on JAL website, I had to enter JL PNR (provided by AA), AA flight number and also enter first and middle name in the first name field to pull up the itinerary to choose seats.

Thanks for the tip. This finally worked for me, with AA coded flight number, JAL's PNR, and my first and middle name *without space* between them.

iluvdoco Mar 12, 2018 7:22 pm

I have an upcoming flight in JL F issued by AA. I called AA to get my JL PNR.

However on the MMB screen here (https://book-i.jal.co.jp/JLInt/dyn/a...ing/myBookings) it's asking for my Reservation Number. Adding my PNR to that box results in an error. What do I enter for my Reservation Number?:confused: