Wiki Posts
Search

MXP - Milan Malpensa Express and change at Bovisa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2009, 3:44 pm
B1
Original Poster

MXP - Milan Malpensa Express and change at Bovisa

Looking at various ways into Milan - arriving at MXP and staying near Repubblica (Nh Milano). I see that the Malpensa Express stops at Bovisa on its way to Cardona Station, where there are a number of Linee-S lines that go on to Repubblica on their way to Rodorego (S10 the most frquent). Has anyone ever done this transfer - do you buy one ticket from Le Nord at MXP? Is this a reasonable plan? I also noticed that there is a direct S-line from Cardona to Centrale for those who are connecting.
Here's the link for maps and information on these lines, which seem to have been opened about five years ago.
http://www.lenord.it/en/i_nostri_ser...ico_locale.php
More information: The Malpensa Express makes its first stop at Saronno - where the S1 line into Milan shares the station and track - except the S1 continues under the city from Bovisa. The first trains on S1 leave at 0600.
Found an answer - great deal!
"Every day from 6.40am to 8pm you can ride trains running from Bovisa railway station (in the northern section of Milan) to Porta Vittoria (not far from the city center) and vice versa. These trains are frequent, and take about twenty minutes to cover the distance. You can ride them free if you have already checked into the city's subway system or the Ferrovie Nord train network (which links the town to many places to the North, towards the Lakes).
Stations along the Passante like Porta Venezia or Repubblica are quite big, as they were designed for international traffic. To date, however, this first operational track of the Passante is nothing more than a new line in the Milan subway network." The Malpensa Express is part of Ferrovie Nord so the ride is free.
The schedule is here: http://www.lenord.it/en/index.php#

Last edited by B1; Jul 29, 2009 at 7:45 pm Reason: more information added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.