Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

What to do with 8 Hrs at FCO?

Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: none

Flying to Europe at the end of July, a ridiculously cheap flight not wanting to give up, has me stopped at FCO from 8AM to 4PM. Is it worth taking the 'Leonardo Express' downtown and find a decent Trattoria for some good cold snacks and Charcuterie (no Alcohol).

Any and all sugestions welcome. thanks.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 4, 2009 at 11:25 am Reason: Split out question about CDG into its own thread elsewhere. Original thread moved from Dining Buzz
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador, Qantas Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
The Leonardo Express is 11euro each way and departs the airport on the 5 and 35min after the hour. There isn't much to do at the airport so getting out would probably be a good idea. Allow yourself time to check back in though - the queues can be ridiculously long going through customs. A trick though, is if the queue is long at security at terminal B then walk through to terminal C and see if it is shorter there. They both connect once through security.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by kanopemainer
Flying to Europe at the end of July, a ridiculously cheap flight not wanting to give up, has me stopped at FCO from 8AM to 4PM. Is it worth taking the 'Leonardo Express' downtown and find a decent Trattoria for some good cold snacks and Charcuterie (no Alcohol).

Any and all sugestions welcome. thanks.
You certainly can do it. Figure 90 minutes from the time you step off the plane to the time you arrive in central Rome, same for the return, so you're actually looking at roughtly 10:00 to 2:00. Not the best time for lunch - but certain you can sit at a cafe at Piazza Navona and soak the up the atmosphere.

As an alternative, you can easily visit the ancient city of Ostia. It is very close the airport and well worth seeing.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: none
Originally Posted by bdemaria

As an alternative, you can easily visit the ancient city of Ostia. It is very close the airport and well worth seeing.
Any Info on public Transport to Antica Ostia ? ( from Airport only ! )
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.