Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting Fiumicino without covid test

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Transiting Fiumicino without covid test

I know you can transit by private means without a test, does the same apply by air?

My flight has been changed from via Paris to via Rome and the test I took satisfies France's 72 hour requirement but not Italy's 48 requirement and I cannot find anywhere locally to give me a new test on a Sunday...

Itinerary is ATH-FCO-NCE.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
For what I know you're not required to have a Covid test if you're not staying in Italy for more than 48h.

I. ESENZIONE COMPLETA: Eccezioni agli obblighi di test nelle 48 ore precedenti l’arrivo, isolamento e test successivo

Fermo restando l’obbligo di compilazione dell’autocertificazione o del formulario digitale di localizzazione e in assenza di sintomi compatibili con COVID-19, gli obblighi di test molecolare o antigenico nelle 48 ore precedenti e quarantena di cinque (5) o dieci (10) giorni con successivo test molecolare o antigenico non si applicano:
f) a chiunque fa ingresso in Italia per un periodo non superiore alle centoventi (120) ore per comprovate esigenze di lavoro, salute o assoluta urgenza, con l'obbligo, allo scadere di detto termine, di lasciare immediatamente il territorio nazionale o, in mancanza, di iniziare il periodo di sorveglianza e di isolamento fiduciario conformemente ai commi da 1 a 5 dell’art. 51 DPCM 2 marzo 2021;

Viaggiare Sicuri
---
I. FULL EXEMPTION: Exceptions to test obligations in the 48 hours prior to arrival, isolation and subsequent testing
Without prejudice to the obligation to complete the self-certification or the digital localization form and in the absence of symptoms compatible with COVID-19, the obligations of molecular or antigen test in the preceding 48 hours and quarantine of five (5) or ten (10) days with subsequent molecular or antigen test do not apply:
f) to anyone who enters Italy for a period not exceeding one hundred and twenty (120) hours for proven work, health or absolute urgency needs, with the obligation, at the expiry of said term, to immediately leave the national territory or, in lack, to start the period of surveillance and fiduciary isolation in accordance with paragraphs 1 to 5 of art. 51 Prime Ministerial Decree of 2 March 2021;
Old May 23, 2021, 8:10 am

So, reading this I do not think it applies to those transiting by air.
Anyone with a first hand info? There are some reasonable tickets from the US with connection at FCO (going to Spain), but I am wary of buying those if I won't be able to use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.