Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most reliable airline that will get you to where you are going

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Most reliable airline that will get you to where you are going

I am planning on taking a cruise in April and found another I could take in addition to the one I have. Only problem is that the cruise ends April 16 and I have a wedding April 17. I would be flying from FCO to ORD or preferably MKE. If there is a problem which airline has the best reputation for getting you to your destination? I might need to forget the idea of a cruise so close but for all the traveling I have done I have always been very lucky but I know anything can happen and could very well decide it is too risky.
Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:14 pm

As a rule of thumb, "all" airlines flying FCO-ORD are reliable until, one day, something unpredictable happens! If booked with them on that particular flight, you're added to those who can say that they know, by experience, that airline X is very unreliable! As for flying FCO-MKE, you can not count on a single reliable airline as none flies this route! Keeping in mind that Murphy's law always hits (over-)anxious people, let me give you one example that you didn't think of: due to a storm, your cruise's return is delayed by one day, so you miss the flight on the extremely reliable airline you finally chose and, thus, lose your return ticket as well due to the no-show!

You only have two alternatives: 1) Forget the cruise(s) and Italy and stay in Madison or 2) Stop worrying and enjoy both cruises: everything will be fine!
sparkygirl likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:38 am

Google Flights says the only airline going non-stop FCO-ORD on April 16 or 17 is AA, but who knows if it will stay the same; schedules in these times that far ahead are very uncertain. There's also a one-way fare of $188 quoted on TAP via LIS.
sparkygirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.