FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy-634/)
-   -   Rome hotel for repeated long term (2 wk) business trips? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy/2019092-rome-hotel-repeated-long-term-2-wk-business-trips.html)

pmv Jun 5, 20 6:26 pm

Rome hotel for repeated long term (2 wk) business trips?
 
Hi .... will likely be taking a contract to work in Rome on 5 2-week trips between July and end of 2020 (assuming Italy reopens for US travelers). Looking for a recommendation for a good hotel for longer stays.

Would like
- "Decent" work space (a real desk or table space to set up my computer at)
- Good wifi
- Easy access to public transportation
- Prefer the central Rome area (Coliseum/Forum/Villa Borghese) areas
- Goal is <$300 US/nt if at all possible
- US chains (Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt) nice for the points, but not critical


Appreciate any inputs!

rickg523 Jun 5, 20 6:28 pm


Originally Posted by pmv (Post 32433251)
Hi .... will likely be taking a contract to work in Rome on 5 2-week trips between July and end of 2020 (assuming Italy reopens for US travelers). Looking for a recommendation for a good hotel for longer stays.

Would like
- "Decent" work space (a real desk or table space to set up my computer at)
- Good wifi
- Easy access to public transportation
- Prefer the central Rome area (Coliseum/Forum/Villa Borghese) areas
- Goal is <$300 US/nt if at all possible
- US chains (Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt) nice for the points, but not critical


Appreciate any inputs!

Not interested in an apartment at all?

pmv Jun 5, 20 6:30 pm

Could be interested in an apartment if I could rent in approx 2 week chunks
 
Contract won't allow me to keep an apartment for the whole time (likely even if cheaper, though I'll reengage with company if I can find a good deal). Recommendations?

rickg523 Jun 5, 20 7:07 pm


Originally Posted by pmv (Post 32433263)
Contract won't allow me to keep an apartment for the whole time (likely even if cheaper, though I'll reengage with company if I can find a good deal). Recommendations?

Not knowing your exact needs and likes, I'll just say do a quick search on Airbnb. Stick with Superhosts. Look for flexible cancellation policies. Do you know Rome? I think the ideal locations in Rome are in the Pantheon, Navona, Campo di Fiore area. But I think it depends on where you're working.
I stayed in Residenza Mazio, Via Della Scrofa, 39.
A few years back, I stayed at Relais al Senato (no all night front desk service), right on Pza Navona.
Unfortunately, I've just tried to locate their websites and neither are there. Not sure if this is a temporary Covid effect or permanent closures.
I also have stayed at Hotel Borgognoni (website works) near Trevi Fountain. But this is a more luxury hotel that may not suit your needs.
Sorry I couldn't be more directly helpful, but it's looking like next time I visit Rome, I may be starting from scratch as well.

pmv Jun 5, 20 7:53 pm

Thanks.... great information and after your post have been doing some looking, was definitely NOT a path I had been looking at but looks promising of my contract allows!

rickg523 Jun 5, 20 8:31 pm


Originally Posted by pmv (Post 32433397)
Thanks.... great information and after your post have been doing some looking, was definitely NOT a path I had been looking at but looks promising of my contract allows!

Best of luck!

milepig Dec 20, 20 5:13 am

An Italian friend pointed us toward Una Hotels - a nice reasonably priced small chain. Their property in Rome is like a block from Termini, but down a quiet(er) side street. Nice property, great breakfast. If you spring for a room on the top floor the terraces are nice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:02 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.