Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Life in Piedmont in 1 month

Old May 18, 20, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Our mid June trip to France was canceled because we can't get into the country. This is our third canceled trip to Europe since Cova hit and we've had enough you need to get out of here.

I hear Italy is fairly open. We are thinking of going to Turin, Bra and then visit some of the local wineries.

Does anyone know the current quality of life going on in Piedmont? Are restaurants and cafés open and are people on the street?
Old May 20, 20, 5:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exp
Originally Posted by ente_09 View Post

I hear Italy is fairly open. We are thinking of going to Turin, Bra and then visit some of the local wineries.
you do not provide any information on where you live and what passports you have. There is currently zero guarantee that you will be able to get to Italy in June, unless you are an EU citizen.
Old May 20, 20, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
At the moment no one can tell you whether you’d be allowed into Italy (unless a citizen), whether you’d have to quarantine, and what domestic movement is permitted. Booking now would almost certainly not come with any insurance. Your nationality and residence are likely to matter.
Old May 20, 20, 7:17 am
Original Poster

I am American and will leave from the USA. Amrican passport only
The few contacts I have in Italy say that some of the restaurants and cafes are open and people are on the street.. It should only be better in 1 month.
The Italian consululate says Italy will publish a new travel ruling June 14 and we plan to leave June 16. Worst scenario is loss of $250 for restocking the flyer miles.

I just hope this ruling is not delayed.
Old May 20, 20, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exp
Originally Posted by ente_09 View Post
I am American and will leave from the USA. Amrican passport only
The few contacts I have in Italy say that some of the restaurants and cafes are open and people are on the street.. It should only be better in 1 month.
The Italian consululate says Italy will publish a new travel ruling June 14 and we plan to leave June 16. Worst scenario is loss of $250 for restocking the flyer miles.

I just hope this ruling is not delayed.
I think you are just asking for trouble. The ruling can be delayed, US can be excluded, quarantine on arrival may be required, etc, etc. Even if you are successful in getting to Italy, it is not going to be the same experience you had on your earlier trips there.
Old May 20, 20, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Honestly, I would suggest waiting. We have a house in Italy. Before Covid, we had planned to be back for 3 weeks in late April/early May - that, of course, was cancelled. We also planned to be there July & August. I have a flight on 6/30 but will likely move it later. We've been communicating with friends and, in spite of government timetables, things are still fragile. I am hoping to be there for 6-7 weeks in July/August but we need to see things be more stable before we commit (and that is even with having a home there).
Old May 21, 20, 7:36 pm

I think that the OP is the world's most optimistic person. Bravissimo!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: