Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Where in Italy is this?

Where in Italy is this?

Old Sep 2, 19, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Where in Italy is this?

Saw this ad in Greece! The two cities mentioned are Palermo and Catania so I'm assuming somewhere in Sicily but can anyone provide more details?

It looks incredible and our kids (and us!) want to visit it someday soon!
Old Sep 2, 19, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Accidental DL Silver
I believe that the picture is Cefalu. It is a beach city about 40 miles from Palermo.
Old Sep 2, 19, 8:37 pm

Yes, it is indeed in Cefalu.
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

You guys are incredible. And to think I wasn't sure anyone would know!

Cefalu does indeed look gorgeous, would you recommend it?
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 4:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Accidental DL Silver
Originally Posted by gonebabygone View Post
You guys are incredible. And to think I wasn't sure anyone would know!

I havenít been to Cefalu, so I canít comment on it specifically. However, I have enjoyed the times that I have visited Sicily. Taromina was a particular favorite. If you decide to pick up a car in Palermo, driving outside the city isnít bad, but inside the city is something akin to a real life Mario cart!
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Plat
The mosaics in Cefalu are worth a stop; I have not otherwise spent much time in the town. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...B9,_Sicily.jpg
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks for your advice!
Old Sep 11, 19, 5:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by gonebabygone View Post
We spent a night in Cefalý last winter. It was our final stop before Palermo on a 2-week roadtrip around Sicily. The city has a beautiful beach and a spectacular Cathedral, only comparable to the one in Monreale. We were there during the low season, so many restaurants and stores were closed.

We stayed at small B&B (affitacamere) which was recommended by the Lonely Planet guide. It was on a beautiful 16th century building, and Madame and I were the only two people there. The owner even gave us a copy of the front door keys and told us that for breakfast we should walk to a caffŤ across the street. "You tell the caffŤ owner I sent you, help yourself with breakfast and leave him the front door key - I'll pay him later". Something like that I had only seen in small towns in the provinces of Argentina, but then again, Sicily isn't precisely Europe

I would not travel to Sicily solely to visit Cefalý, but as part of a larger trip I think it's a nice place to spend one or two nights.

Search this Thread