Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Advice: How long to clear immigrations & customs at MXP?

Old Aug 14, 19, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Priority Club Platinum Elite

I will be arriving into Malpensa (MXP) in Terminal 1 on a Saturday afternoon at 12:20 from Heathrow (LHR). How long does it typically take to clear immigrations, collect luggage, and exit? I have plans to take the train to Milano Centrale and continue on to Rome Termini that afternoon. There is a train to Centrale at 14:43. Do you think I would have enough time, approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, to catch this train? Alternatively, there is one at 15:13 and 15:43.

Secondarily, any advice on which class of service I should chose on the Frecciarossa to Rome?
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:08 pm

An hour and 15 was adequate for us after a transatlantic arrival, so that should be plenty unless there's a major flight delay. It's up to you to determine if you can take the risk of missing the train and losing out on the fare if you book the Super Economy fare. I think Standard class on the Frecciarossa is fine, but others may think differently.

Search this Thread