Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fast Track in VCE Airport

Old May 8, 19, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Flying on an 8AM flight domestically from Venice. I see there is a way to buy fasttrack for EUR 10. How busy is Venice airport security usually?
Old May 8, 19, 8:03 am

Where did you find this at? For 10 EUR I'd jump all over it, I've got a 7:25am departure coming up next month out of VCE.
Old May 9, 19, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
Flying on an 8AM flight domestically from Venice. I see there is a way to buy fasttrack for EUR 10. How busy is Venice airport security usually?
As always, it's in the details. What day of the week are you flying. There are days inundated with business travel, days inundated with tourists. What time of the year? High season or low season? During a festival like Carnevale, or not? In general if you have Fast Track, It's pretty fast. If you don't, you are behind a long line of couples who are seemingly first time travelers, using trolleys to carry their 10 pieces of luggage. Fast Track is worth it. There is a booth where you can buy it just after you enter the airport. But the more information, the better. Not too many people depart Venice at 8AM on a Wednesday in February, outside of Carnevale. But in general, without Fast Track, you can wait a very long time, which starts off a long, long trip, with you already feeling impatient and frustrated, so it is worth it. Especially since once airside, the airport is so delightful.
Old May 13, 19, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Is this Fast Track the same as Star Alliance's Gold Track Security? I'll be interested in doing whatever possible to facilitate getting the iapetus family onto our flight as easily as possible during our trip home this summer. We'll be departing from VCE on a Saturday morning (~11:00am) in July. mrs. iapetus and I are *G and should have access. I'm hoping that they'll let us bring the iapetus jrs. and my mother-in-law with us.
Old May 13, 19, 11:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by iapetus View Post
Is this Fast Track the same as Star Alliance's Gold Track Security? I'll be interested in doing whatever possible to facilitate getting the iapetus family onto our flight as easily as possible during our trip home this summer. We'll be departing from VCE on a Saturday morning (~11:00am) in July. mrs. iapetus and I are *G and should have access. I'm hoping that they'll let us bring the iapetus jrs. and my mother-in-law with us.
Yes it's the same priority lane. Guesting rights depend on which airline you are flying, some pay for it, some don't
Old May 20, 19, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
We have business class tickets so I assume that comes with fast track?
Old May 20, 19, 9:55 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
We have business class tickets so I assume that comes with fast track?
That has been my experience
Old May 28, 19, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by hensleyrob View Post
Where did you find this at? For 10 EUR I'd jump all over it, I've got a 7:25am departure coming up next month out of VCE.
Sorry for delay in responding to this -- you can download an app called uFirst...has a number of fast track options you can buy at different airports/venues in Italy.

We ended up leaving on Sunday after the biennale and no issues at around 6AM. Used the regular line and cleared in 5 minutes
hensleyrob likes this.

Search this Thread