FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy-634/)
-   -   FCO - Meeting point for different arrivals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy/1963495-fco-meeting-point-different-arrivals.html)

ChadDa3mon Apr 1, 2019 9:38 am

FCO - Meeting point for different arrivals

Greetings,

I'm flying into Rome to meet my girlfriend, who is also flying in from a different country. Oddly enough, our flights are set to arrive within just a few minutes of each other.

I fly into Terminal 1 (Delta) and she will fly into Terminal 3 (Finnair).

In looking at airport maps for FCO, it looks like all of the terminals are connected. I am going to rent a car through Hertz (Hertz Gold Member). I'm hoping someone can help me figure out a rendezvous location that's easy to find for us both. I'm wondering if there is a spot in the terminals we can meet up, before going to Hertz, or if the Hertz Gold Desk is the best place to meet up.

Actually, according to this link it looks like I may have to walk through Terminal 3 to get to Hertz anyways?

Thanks in advance,
Chadd

KLouis Apr 1, 2019 12:36 pm

Actually, both of you will arrive at Terminal 3, though using different routes through the terminal (she will also have to go through immigration while you won't have to). You could meet at her or your luggage caroussel (not very inviting), or at the exit of the luggage retrieval area (neither this is very inviting), or at Hertz (it's in an extremely uninviting place). A better place is the following: After exiting luggage retrieval turn left, take one of the elevators about 10-15 metres away, two floors up, and tyou'll see seats to the right of the escalators, across the elevators. When you finally meet and go through whichever ritual ;) just exit through the door net to the elevators, cross the bridge and follow the signs to Hertz...

ChadDa3mon Apr 1, 2019 6:37 pm

Thanks for the response, but it leaves me a bit confused. I know I fly into Terminal 1. I'm not sure if you assumed I was mistaken, or if there is some relationship between terminal 1 and 3 I don't get. Either seems quite possible :)

I also expect that I'll have to go through Immigration, being that I'm an American. I've got a connecting flight in CDG first, but I still suspect I'll have to clear immigration at FCO?

KLouis Apr 1, 2019 8:02 pm

Are you sure you fly Delta from CDG to FCO as you wrote in your first post? I doubt it! I guess you have a DL code-share with either Alitalia or Air France. These two do fly into T1, Delta does not!. At any rate, if you do arrive at T1 walk out of the building (a connection inside the buildings is only possible airside) walk 100 metres to T3 and enter the building through the first entrance you reach. Then take the elevators described in my previous post to find the sitting area: one floor up if you walked on the departure level, two floors up if you walked on the arrivals level.

Immigration for you will definitely be at CDG. The flights between Paris and Rome are practically "domestic" ones since both are in Schengen countries.

PS I misread your OP thinking you were arriving from Finland and she was flying Delta. Doesn't matter, the instructions are valid, just you'll have to walk from T1 to T3.

ChadDa3mon Apr 1, 2019 8:18 pm

Yup, sorry for the confusion. It's a codeshare via Joon, some local AirFrance company it seems like.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-details/DL/8618

Thanks for the help.

ChadDa3mon Apr 1, 2019 8:22 pm

Just trying to summarize this in my own words.

She will turn left after exiting luggage retrieval, head up the elevators, and find some seats near an escalator. Is it safe to say she can follow signs for car rentals? As I understand it after looking at a few maps, we'd basically be meeting before the bridge that connects T3 to the Rental area.

Also, she claims she won't be checking any luggage, I don't believe it myself. BUT, if she only has her carry on, I assume she'll still have to exit after the luggage retrieval area? In other words, regardless of if she checks any bags, her exit route will be the same?

KLouis Apr 3, 2019 1:20 am

Yes to both questions! :)