Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Events in Rome in June 2019?

Old Mar 3, 19, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, KE Morning Calm

I am looking for an accommodation for two adults and two kids (10 and 8).

Some places are full at the end of June.

For example, this place is full from June 22 - 29.
https://www.domusaustralia.org/

Are there major events in Rome around this time?

I am planing to visit June 26-30. Should I hurry up and reserve hotels?
I am looking for a family room since it looks like rooms with two double beds are not that popular in Europe. In USA, we usually book a hotel room with two double beds. When I put two adults and two kids in booking, all the regular rooms disappear.
Old Mar 3, 19, 1:38 am
Original Poster

https://www.domusaustralia.org/

June 22-30 Sold out
June 17-21 Price doubled

This places has been recommended by another flyertalk member four years ago. This place fits my need - 1) I will take an airport bus to Termini, 2) my one day group tour to PomPeii starts/ends near, 3) I need to take a train to Bari. Any recommendations for similar places?

We just returned from Italy and spent two nights in Rome. We searched for a nice, quiet, and centrally-located place. We stayed at the Domus Australia, a guest house, that is about a ten minute walk from the Termini in a quiet neighborhood. The guest house welcomes people of all nationalities and faiths.

We paid less than 90 Euros per night for a large room with a king-size bed (could be converted to twins), a convertible sofa bed, a mini-fridge, coffee/tea maker, and a large television with international channels. The bathroom was quite large with a spacious shower. WiFi was free and available in the room and throughout the facility.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and was served buffet style. Smoked salmon, sliced turkey, eggs, cheese, patries, cereal, yogurt, breakfast meats, gourmet coffee, juice, and even Vegemite were available.

The staff members were polite, helpful, and efficient. All of them spoke English and all signs were in English and Italian.

There is even a chapel available and a roof top terrace. The outdoor areas were nice with comfortable seating.

Old Mar 3, 19, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt
Rome is very popular year round, it is especially popular in summer. So to answer your question here and on the other thread you posted - yes, book ASAP. Read the “where to stay in Rome” thread, look at suggestions, check availability and pricing and pick what works for you. This forum is to inform your decision, not to make it for you.

Staying near a railway staton in general and Termini in particular is a bad idea.

I saw you you plan to go on an organized tour to Pompei and I assume it’s your first time in Rome. Ask yourself why you want to see Pompei? If there is a good reason, enjoy the tour. If you are going because you heard it’s a good tour or because your cousin went, I suggest you stay in Rome and take your time exploring and enjoying one of the world’s greatest cities
Perche likes this.
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
I spent almost 48 hours and read all the regarding post. I listed up all the hotels which have been recommended from the forum and hotels on Airbnb and other booking sites.
Among the places which fit my budget, places on https://www.rome-accommodation.net/en/ look great as JBD recommended in 2016.
After talking with my wife, I booked a place near Pantheon.
Thank you very much.
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by poohhead80 View Post
Thanks.
I spent almost 48 hours and read all the regarding post. I listed up all the hotels which have been recommended from the forum and hotels on Airbnb and other booking sites.
Among the places which fit my budget, places on https://www.rome-accommodation.net/en/ look great as JBD recommended in 2016.
After talking with my wife, I booked a place near Pantheon.
Thank you very much.
Very good decision. That area is my personal favorite, since it allows you to walk to most sites. Have fun in Rome!

Search this Thread