Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

FCO Rome Airport Terminal 1 transfer time

Old Mar 2, 19, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I am arriving on an Air Italia domestic flight Brindisi - FCO at 20.20. I then have to transfer to an international flight with Etihad FCO - Abu Dhabi at 22.00. Both flights arrive and depart from Terminal 1. Air Italia and Etihad are also flight partners. However both fights are not on the one ticket. Is 1 hr 40 minutes enough time? Will my bags be checked all the way through from Brindisi? What is the process at Terminal 1? Thanking you in advance.
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:27 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Air Italy does not fly to/from Brindisi, therefore you must be flying Alitalia and not Air Italy (Air Italia does not exist!). If flying on separate tickets they don't have to check your luggage through, but they could do it as a good will service. If they do, you have plenty of time to walk airside to terminal 3 from where Etihad leaves (they only use T1 for checking in). If you have to wait for your luggage and re-check it, your incoming flight will have to be on time, otherwise 1h40 will be borderline. I'd suggest you take an earlier flight from Brindisi given that you'flying on two tickets and you certainly don't want to miss the flight to Abu Dhabi...

Search this Thread