Wiki Posts
Search

Milan and Turin areas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:48 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Milan and Turin areas

We'll be in Italy in late April, with 3 days in Milan and 3 days in the Turin area. Looking for suggestions for each area -- either in the city or outside the city. Already planning the Duomo and seeing Last Supper in Milan. And we are spending 3 additional days up in Lake Como, so don't need that as a suggestion. We like museums, market days, history, natural areas, and good places to eat. Not interested in nightlife. Thanks in advance everyone!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:26 am

Hi there!

I lived in Milan for one year so I can recommend you many things.

If you want to see the Last Supper, you should make a reservation online as soon as possible because it gets so crowded. If you like museums, you can't miss The Pinacoteca di Brera. It's such a beautiful art museum. I used to go there quite a lot because honestly, it's such a special place. It's in the same building that the art school. The district it's known for being bohemian. If you prefer fashion, then you should visit the Armani Silos museum. There you will find real masterpieces by Armani. While you look around the dresses, you have nice music playing around.

If you like to walk, the Parco Sempione is great. For me, it was like a little Central Park. It's so green that it doesn't seem the same Milan, as it has even a Castle that you can visit. It's a place full of history. Also, be sure to go to the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Not just to see glamorous stores, but for good luck! Inside the Galleria, located on the ground within an octagonal floor pattern, is a tile mosaic depicting a bull which is reared up onto his hind legs. The tradition is that if a person puts their right heel on the bull’s testicular region and “turn on himself three times,” which is to actually rotate backward this will bring good luck.

About places to eat, there's a really good place to take away called Luini. Yummy and cheap! But I recommend you to have patience because it's always full of people. Near the corner, you have the best gelateria ever: Ciocolatti Italiani. Really, give it a try. I remember to eat gelatos even in winter because they were so damn good! Both places are near the Duomo.

I've never been to Turin so I can't recommend you things to do there.

Hope my Milano experience helps you

Last edited by SofiaSanz; Jan 28, 2019 at 4:34 am
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Visit the Egyptian Museum and National Cinema Museum in Turin. Both are very much worth a visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.