FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy-634/)
-   -   Help with Catania Airport VIP service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy/1952541-help-catania-airport-vip-service.html)

NickyEWR Jan 23, 2019 6:23 am

Help with Catania Airport VIP service

Hi,
i hear that Catania Airport is chaotic and difficult to depart from due to overcrowding and disorganization. I have a 10 am flight to Rome on a Monday next month and was looking into the possibility of buying a VIP service to help me get through the check in, security, and immigration processes.
Has any used this service? If so does it make a difference?
i appreciate any help you can provide.

obscure2k Jan 23, 2019 11:42 am

Suggest you check with the concierge if you are staying in a hotel. A good concierge generally has this information available.
Good luck

YVR Cockroach Jan 23, 2019 5:53 pm

CTA-FCO/CIA? International flight? Nah.

NickyEWR Jan 23, 2019 6:30 pm

CTA/FCO/Jfk

KLouis Jan 24, 2019 2:20 am

You'll pass immigration at FCO and not CTA. Anyway, I've never heard of people being left behind at CTA; if you are there 2 hrs before take-off everything should be fine, no need for panic.

YVR Cockroach Jan 24, 2019 9:18 pm

I flew on a late evening flight to MLA a few years ago. Los of time to return the car, check in, go through security, and wait. and wait.

jerry_greece Apr 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Does anybody know if you can walk to the departures straight from the arrivals (i am talking about intra-schengen), so as to skip security or is one of the old airport designs?

lowdownlo Jan 29, 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 31023499)
Does anybody know if you can walk to the departures straight from the arrivals (i am talking about intra-schengen), so as to skip security or is one of the old airport designs?

Bumping this thread as I'm interested in hearing answers to this question as well.

13901 Feb 1, 2020 12:34 am

You've obviously got to pass security.

Up In The Air Feb 1, 2020 4:07 am

Originally Posted by NickyEWR (Post 30690034)
Hi,
i hear that Catania Airport is chaotic and difficult to depart from due to overcrowding and disorganization. I have a 10 am flight to Rome on a Monday next month and was looking into the possibility of buying a VIP service to help me get through the check in, security, and immigration processes.
Has any used this service? If so does it make a difference?
i appreciate any help you can provide.

I understand your concern but IMHO don't think that such measures are warranted.

You just need to make your way to domestic departures ('partenze nazionali') and find your airline's check-in area. Any check-in agent or airline representative there will be able to help you with any query, and of course point you in the direction of security. I don't really see what particular problems you might encounter at security. The staff there will be able to communicate in (possibly not perfect) English if needs be. Just leave plenty of time in case it's busy.

KLouis Feb 1, 2020 6:44 pm

I think that lowdownlo is interested in doing an immediate return onto the same flight: walk to the departures straight from the arrivals

PS Sorry, I don't know the answer.

lowdownlo Feb 3, 2020 8:53 am

Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 32021947)
I think that lowdownlo is interested in doing an immediate return onto the same flight: walk to the departures straight from the arrival

Yes this is correct, and thank you for considering my question.

I have 55 mins to do a back-to-back and I would like to get some reassurance (or a reality check)