Reload this Page >

Car Hire Bologna Airport

Car Hire Bologna Airport

Old Jan 4, 19, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: B A Gold
Car Hire Bologna Airport

Hi Folks

I have a short visit and turn around at Bologna Airport with BA and so need most efficient rather than cheapest car hire company. Anyone any advice on what company best at Bologna with easy access to customer service desks and car pick up points.

Any advice or warnings appreciated
Old Jan 4, 19, 5:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Laphroaig57 View Post
Hi Folks

I have a short visit and turn around at Bologna Airport with BA and so need most efficient rather than cheapest car hire company. Anyone any advice on what company best at Bologna with easy access to customer service desks and car pick up points.

Any advice or warnings appreciated
I was last there November 2017 - I used Avis. I am not sure if BLQ is one of those locations where you have compulsory snow chains added to your bill. I had no problem with them - the car park is a bit of a walk and in a rather odd garage.
Old Jan 4, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Most all are in a garage to the right of the terminal as you approach the airport (left as you are leaving).

As long as they are on-airport, they are effectively the same so I would balance cost and "reputation" of company as factors. I tend to book through AutoEurope and prefer the majors (Hertz/Avis/Europcar) as some of the bit players in Italy can be hit or miss but I have used an off-brand (GoldCar via AutoEurope in Pisa) once with no problems. My last rental that I returned to BLQ was with Europcar (VCE pick up).
Old Jan 4, 19, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: B A Gold
Many thanks

Search this Thread