Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury boutique recommendations in Sicily

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Luxury boutique recommendations in Sicily

Hi, all. First-time poster here, planning a trip with my fiancee to Sicily at around the start of the season -- and wondering if the board has any advice about boutique options in pleasant locations. When traveling, we tend to pick the hotels first and then tailor our itinerary around them. Though it looks a bit basic, Locanda Don Serafino in Ragusa is on the list for part of the stay. But we're also looking to spend a couple of days on the coast. The SO's last two Italian sojourns have involved sort of polar opposites, size-wise -- La Minerva in Capri (without me, alas -- but she loved it) and the Grand Hotel Tremezzo on Lake Como. Our unexpectedly great stay at the GHT made us both rethink our bias against big hotels, so we'd be open to a stay at either of the Belmond properties in Taormina, for instance, if we could be treated more like guests than customers. But ideally, we'd like to find something a bit more intimate. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:00 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk Drew4au78
I am moving your thread to the FT Italy Forum. It may gain more traction there.
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk. It's been several years since our trip, but you might find some of the information helpful.

Sicily Hotels

Here's a thread on the Belmond properties;

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...ily-italy.html
obscure2k and Drew4au78 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.