Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Hotel room reserved - but shows available on their website

Old Dec 20, 18, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

About a month ago, I reserved a room on a Venice B&B's direct website for a 7 night stay in early February (I am a solo traveler). There is a very limited number of rooms at this property, and only 1 of the kind that I booked (ideal for a solo traveler.) I looked at their site today to see what rooms are available for my same week and it displays the room I have reserved as the only one available. I got a very good rate when I booked it. I am feeling uneasy that they are trying to get more money for that week, will accept the later reservation and when I arrive, I won't have a room.

Has this happened to anyone? Should I make a reservation elsewhere?
Old Dec 20, 18, 1:28 pm

Have you called them to check on your reservation? Better to know now...

There could be many reasons, though. They could have added rooms to that inventory bucket (remodeled, arbitrarily reclassified, whatever). There could be strong demand for that room so they upgraded you? Who knows. If you're worried, though, give them a call.
Old Dec 20, 18, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

I checked several websites as the room count was slightly different between them. I think I am ok. There is another room that is similar and that is the one showing open.

Never mind!
Old Dec 21, 18, 12:10 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Another explanation for what you thought you were seeing, is that they might not be selling every room via every sales channel. So they might only sell one room directly and another via consolidators but actually they have two of that room, and can juggle them around.
Old Dec 22, 18, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
I would call them. I just checked searched my email trash, and six times this year I traveled to Italy with confirmed reservations at a hotel, but four times the hotel did not have the room when I got there.

Both times I didn't even get notice that the room wasn't available until I was already in the air on the way there. I've never gotten a good explanation for this. It seems to just be one of those Italian things.

The most common explanation I have gotten from hotels when I squawk about it is that they don't manage the reservation websites. They are farmed out to several different travel websites that don't communicate with one another. The front desk just gives a shrug of the shoulders and says they don't manage the websites. I'd call them and make sure you have a room.

Search this Thread